Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 05:23 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,105,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
My heart happens to be heavy right now. A Saturday tradition has come to an abrupt end, and it never seemed possible given its strong ratings until today. KVET (98.1 FM) in Austin, Texas, has decided to cancel their "Country Gold Show" after a 21-year run. The show's host for the past 12 years, longtime Austin jock Tom Allen, has left the program and the station this past week. Suddenly, there is a void on this Saturday and every Saturday that follows. The reason for the change is purely a management issue (no surprise there).

I will assure you posters that my classic country postings will not come to an end here on the Music forums; in fact, I'll do them even more now! It's great that I still have you folks to lean on and a venue with which I can fill a void, not to mention providing you with music you now won't find in too many places.

oohh my goodness Mr Case! how dreadful to have such a long time tradition so abruptly stolen away! We all know how precious those few real radio stations have become... endangered species. I sure hope your DJ Tom Allen finds a good landing spot.

We are grateful for your strong support and heart for keeping our Country Gold always within arms reach! ::: giving you a hug :::

Even more precious you will be to us now... believe me we all understand and this is a shock to us as well... I am so sorry...

Old 09-11-2010, 05:42 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareWonder View Post
oohh my goodness Mr Case! how dreadful to have such a long time tradition so abruptly stolen away! We all know how precious those few real radio stations have become... endangered species. I sure hope your DJ Tom Allen finds a good landing spot.
We are grateful for your strong support and heart for keeping our Country Gold always within arms reach! ::: giving you a hug :::

Even more precious you will be to us now... believe me we all understand and this is a shock to us as well... I am so sorry...

As far as Tom Allen goes, he's 71 now, so he's already earned a happy retirement after retiring from his weekday midday show in 2008. He opted to stay on as host of the CGS since then until now. KVET just changed program directors and they decided that everything played before 1970 is irrelevant. Tom will probably not look for any other job at all unless Austin somehow lands a station that plays only classic country, and I don't foresee that happening. I live in the Dallas area and have streamlined KVET on my computer for years, thanks to the internet. But I will also miss waking up very early to go on that occasional road trip down to Central Texas just to listen to that program.

Thanks for your comforting words, Rare. Life, however, does go on, but right now, this is very hard for me. Austin listeners have to be mad right now.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:21 AM

2,897 posts, read 20,338,963 times
Good morning, Everyone!

<make a special cup of coffee for Mr. Case... place on a tray with crisp linen napkin and bud vase>

I understand how you feel because if something happened to you where you would not be able to do Country Gold, I would cry buckets and be inconsolable for weeks and weeks and weeks. So we understand there will be days when you're going to not feel like it.

Following a radio program for years that voice becomes, at times, family... someone and something you can depend on no matter what. So if you experience days when you want to do something else, we understand about that.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

IT IS SPECIAL DAY!!!! Topaz are you shining???? Being so kind and all?

::: laughs pointing at the light above Topaz' head ! :::

There is a surprise STAR PARTY for Topaz !! LOL

https://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...l#post15854621

Please come and help celebrate one of our own :::giving her a hug :::

Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 AM

What!!!-- for me?????!!!!! <blushing>
<race over to the party!>

Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz_Flowers View Post
What!!!-- for me?????!!!!! <blushing>
<race over to the party!>

Old 09-12-2010, 01:49 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,331,625 times
Only for you,Topaz:

YouTube - Fanfare

Old 09-12-2010, 01:57 PM

< feeling so pleased
...gingerly touching my bright Star... LOL in spite of myself...
feeling like I need a royal robe with matching shoes LOL>

<giving Mr. BigSwede a hug, remarking>
I do declare, you know how to make a girl speechless LOL

Old 09-12-2010, 02:15 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,926,990 times
No matching shoes, but maybe you could borrow his forest green velvet robe!

YouTube - If I Were King Of The Forest!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 PM

ROFL !!!! Oh My Gosh!!!!! I love This part Saucy!
well the trim of flowers does match her name LOL ...
::: hugging Topaz ::: I know I know... if the shoes
don't match ... LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music