Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 07:36 PM

99 posts, read 268,448 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am thinking about Coastal Carolina Univ. for graduate school. I have been to Myrtle Beach dozens of times and love the area. Should I get a one bedroom in the city or outside of the city (Conway/Murrells Inlet)? I work retail and could easily transfer to a store in Myrtle Beach. I'd prefer a quiet area with mostly older people or families. My budget is $550/month for rent and I don't mind a 15 to 20 minute commute to school and work.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 AM

882 posts, read 3,542,065 times
IMO, you'd be best to look somewhere in Conway or perhaps the Surfside/Socastee area *unless* the city leaders of MB continue to run off tourists then a nice quiet area may just be Myrtle Beach proper..

Old 06-14-2010, 06:14 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,840,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
*unless* the city leaders of MB continue to run off tourists then a nice quiet area may just be Myrtle Beach proper...
LOL!! Ain't that the truth. Sorry, C-D says I rep you too often...

Old 06-14-2010, 04:51 PM

540 posts, read 1,681,604 times
Oh, cmon who are you fooling rufast?! How many of us wish the tourists to go home by the time summer ends? lol I'm just happy to get on 501 on the way to MB and it take an hour instead 1 1/2!! I'm to the point we are just skipping MB alltogether, and going to NC to do shopping. As much as I love the tourists, I like the roads being "less" populated!

Ok, I'm just playing around about tourists, but I really wish they'd widen the roads a bit!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:12 PM

pburgess-
The more tourists that the MB City Council runs west of the waterway, the better in my book. Does the business I work for a favor if nothing else, as we are immediately WEST of the waterway...

Tourists really don't bother me to tell the truth. I actually like their being here as they are a key ingredient to making the area what it is..

I will wholeheartedly agree to the road situation, but the reality is that we only have a given amount of dirt EAST of the Waterway..and it's already developed about as much as it can be... which doesn't bode well for road improvements on that side of the Waterway.. Now.. WEST of the waterway is a different story entirely! I just wish that the extension of 31 would be completed soon, along with the backgate interchange improvement...

Old 06-15-2010, 02:24 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,988,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
IMO, you'd be best to look somewhere in Conway or perhaps the Surfside/Socastee area *unless* the city leaders of MB continue to run off tourists then a nice quiet area may just be Myrtle Beach proper..
But at least should you wander into MB on your motorcycle you don't have to wear a helmet. I love it that MB got struck down on that one.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 AM

The City Council knew, and in all probability received advice from their attorney(s), that the helmet ordinance was not a valid ordinance, but they wanted to bow to the social elitist mentality held by the majority of VOTING residents within the city limits.

From a political standpoint, they truly are doing what their constituents wanted them to do, but from a common business sense standpoint, they are quickly destroying the feel and stability of the city.

I still elect to avoid MB at all costs. Yes, I have drive thru MB daily for work but I do NOT have to eat, shop, or spend money at businesses inside the city limits....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area