U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:49 PM

1,840 posts, read 1,783,434 times

Advertisements

I also posted in another thread on the main SC board, but does anyone know the location of the home in the Myrtle Beach area that Trademark Properties flipped for their TV show? I'm just wondering out of curiosity and may swing by the place the next time I'm in MB.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 PM

882 posts, read 3,349,130 times
I ride by it every couple weeks, but I can't recall the exact address. I'll try and remember to run by tomorrow while I'm out and about and jot down the address for you.

If you watched the show, the house isn't hard to miss at all.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:27 PM

245 posts, read 714,869 times
it is very close to island vista resort and the last I was by it was still for sale~~~~its been awhile though.
The company also has a house for sale on 544

Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM

1,516 posts, read 6,320,756 times
I think it's not too far south of Dunes Village. I remember passing it quite often when we stayed there a while back.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:13 PM

1,840 posts, read 1,783,434 times
Thanks for the help. As I mentioned, just curious to see the home the next time we are in Myrtle Beach.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:46 PM

11,501 posts, read 14,324,874 times
What I remember about this show is the fact the owner of Trademark took Josh Hamilton under his wings and helped him kick the drugs etc.

Hamilton is now one of the best players in the major leagues and this man saw that in Josh to invest in his future.

Hamilton always had the talent but went the wrong direction and now is a feared hitter and doing well.

I liked watching that show.

Anyone know why it is now off TV?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:18 AM

Sunny-

Pretty simple why it is off the air now... the housing industry collapse.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:51 PM

11,501 posts, read 14,324,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Sunny-

Pretty simple why it is off the air now... the housing industry collapse.

Should have thought of that but it seems to me that you would find more good buys now to flip.

Then again with the banks being so tight it would kill a business like this.

We have friends who started a foreclosure clean out business here in central Ohio and cannot get them done fast enough. I buy some of the antiques they end up with out of the foreclosed and abandoned homes.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:25 PM

Actually, there was another reason.. seems that there may have been an 'intellectual property rights' squabble between A&E and the folks at Trademark. This took place after A&E created a spin off show with other property "flippers". IMO, the show never was the same after they started using the other people anyway....

Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 AM

1,516 posts, read 6,320,756 times
Trademark Properties did have another show for a while on a different network, maybe Discovery. I can't remember the name of the show now either. I had heard on the City Data Charleston forum that the main guy (geez, my memory is bad today) left his wife for Ginger and they had a baby together. That's just what others reported and I didn't verify it so consider it gossip unless you know otherwise for a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area