Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:04 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,787,452 times

Advertisements

I just met several people today that just moved from Florida because of the taxes. It's a good idea to visit first, if you can. We came here several times before moving to get familiar with the area. Also, moved from NJ so I wanted to make sure I liked what I was getting myself into. There really is a lot of nice areas and Carolina Forest sounds like it would have everything you are looking for. There's a hospital right down the highway from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 06:22 PM

236 posts, read 901,805 times
GJM I was from Union County NJ.
Everyone...
Thanks again for all your help. I'm making plans to come up there very soon. Hoping to stay and get a little vacation time in too! I want to look at lennar homes at Brighton Woods. Does anyone know anything about Lennar?? We have them in Florida too, but I really dont know anything about them! I need to stay somewhere around 225,000 but need 4 bedrooms.
Thanks again to everyone!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:34 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,787,452 times
here is a link that might be helpful. https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...nar-homes.html

Keep in mind that if you ask ten people about Beazer, Lennar or any other builder you will hear good and bad. People have different experiences and the builders are not the same in every area. Brighton Woods does have some homes for sale in your price range.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:06 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,965,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
here is a link that might be helpful. https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...nar-homes.html

Keep in mind that if you ask ten people about Beazer, Lennar or any other builder you will hear good and bad. People have different experiences and the builders are not the same in every area. Brighton Woods does have some homes for sale in your price range.
Yep, my husband worked for Lennar in Charlotte. He's currently waiting for them to call him here. The clock keeps ticking though....

Old 09-09-2007, 02:07 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,965,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue717 View Post
GJM I was from Union County NJ.
Everyone...
Thanks again for all your help. I'm making plans to come up there very soon. Hoping to stay and get a little vacation time in too! I want to look at lennar homes at Brighton Woods. Does anyone know anything about Lennar?? We have them in Florida too, but I really dont know anything about them! I need to stay somewhere around 225,000 but need 4 bedrooms.
Thanks again to everyone!
Yeah they used to sign my husbands paychecks.......LOL

Did you see they are offering 5.5 interest rate right now.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 PM

4 posts, read 29,133 times
I also live in Carolina Forest and have been here for 3 yrs now from Upstate NY. There are a lot of children throughout the developments in this area particularly in Waterford Plantation, Spring Lake, Southgate, Avalon and The Farm. The Farm has a great pool but is a rather large development. Avalon also has a nice pool and ammenities include a soccer field and basketball court.
Conway Medical is about 2 miles from Carolina Forrest Blvd, but may take about 10 min from the opposite end. There is also an outpatient clinic in Carolina Forest. Crime is low and this place is turning into a giant strip mall so shopping is not hard to find. Tanger outlets are w/i 5 miles and the mall is close by as well with all kinds of shops in btwn.

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 09-18-2007 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: realtor soliciting

Old 12-13-2007, 03:48 PM

6 posts, read 15,483 times
Look in Conway. It is a great little community minutes from Mytle Beach and it has a lot of character. It is close enough yet far away. Carolina Forest is too central and traffic can be much.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:15 AM

823 posts, read 3,691,166 times
What is the humidity like in Myrtle Beach? My wife gets lots of aches & pains in a humid place so it'a a major concern for us.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:30 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,880,278 times
It gets pretty darn humid around here, especially during the summer. You may want to look at the mountains if humidity is a great concern to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area