Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 AM

215 posts, read 545,106 times

Advertisements

ATLANTIC BEACH, SC - Atlantic Beach Town Council voted Tuesday morning to extend the annual bike fest over an additional weekend.
The festival has run during Memorial Day weekend in the past, but council approved a second reading of an ordinance that will allow bike fest to go on between May 18 to May 28.

Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson decided to extend its Spring Crusin' The Coast Rally from May 14 to May 28.

Entire article:
Atlantic Beach extends bike fest to run concurrently with Harley rally | SCNOW

This is a recipe for disaster, IMHO!

Unless Law Enforcement shows up early this year to keep intersections from being blocked and traffic running smoothly, especially in NMB, tempers could explode and road rage manifest itself and multiply.

With both Harley and Black Bikers together, especially if LE is not scheduled for some of it, this area could flare up quickly!

LE, during Black Biker week, keeps the intersections open, keeps urinating on private property down and the trashing of the city (NMB) down, too.

I hope City and County leaders are taking extra precautions this year!

Just saying.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 12:08 PM

312 posts, read 732,742 times
No need to worry....Horry County Police and Sheriff's Dept. along with NMB are prepared! My husband cannot take vacation in the month of May.....I live in NMB and I really think everyone here makes "much to do about nothing" during these bike weeks......but that being said, I do believe this year will be alot more traffic as in the past years because the bikers are starting to come back to the area for Bike Week...I want to also add that please be safe on the road and let the bikers enjoy their vacations....many drivers down here are NOT polite to the bikers and I hate to see anyone killed this because of blatant disregard for them as in past years....

Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I understand also it is the noise that bothers so many here. I've read where one can not even hear their TV for the enormous sound that vibrates through their home.
I think I will sleep fine at night with the sound. I like a whirling sound when I sleep and sometimes keep a fan running. If someone wants quiet...that will be an issue.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:53 PM

312 posts, read 732,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I understand also it is the noise that bothers so many here. I've read where one can not even hear their TV for the enormous sound that vibrates through their home.
I think I will sleep fine at night with the sound. I like a whirling sound when I sleep and sometimes keep a fan running. If someone wants quiet...that will be an issue.

I live right off of Main Street in North Myrtle Beach and all I have to do is shut my windows to not hear the noise....also maybe turn on the air conditioning! It cannot be noisier elsewhere unless you live right on 17....?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Coastal Alliance asks Atlantic Beach to reconsider Bikefest plans
Coastal Alliance asks Atlantic Beach to reconsider Bikefest plans - Top News - TheSunNews.com (http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/05/02/2805561/live-updates-coastal-alliance.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 AM

Myrtle Beach area mayors with The Coastal Alliance have sent a letter to Atlantic Beach expressing disappointment over the town's decision to extend the town's Bikefest rally to May 18.

Mayors voted unanimously to send the letter, saying extending the rally traditionally held over the Memorial Day weekend was disruptive and inconsiderate.

Entire article:
Waccamaw Publishers, 050212 - (CFC) - Biker meeting - (MSS)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area