Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:59 AM

87 posts, read 327,928 times

Advertisements

You can find a smaller home thats newer under 200,000 dollars in conway... and not only that, you wont be living in a bad part of town or in a trailor of any kind. My boyfriend lives there and his home fits that category, not only that but he has a nice sized back yard. Again, visit and see for yourself. You might be surprised at what you find.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:58 PM

6 posts, read 35,102 times
thanx rapture, I will now add Conway to my list! JP

Old 08-17-2007, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,279 times
My wife and I are also thinking of moving to SC in the next few years. We have visited Summerville, Charleston and Conway. Summerville appears to be over developed, Charleston is very nice - but expensive, but Conway seems quite nice. Very reasonable real estate prices, cute little downtown, but we are wondering about the impact Mrytle Beach has on the community. We were there in January so there was little traffic. How is the traffic during the summer months? Also how about crime rates - there seemed to be a lot of stories in the County newspaper about crime?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:55 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,733,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_emt View Post
My wife and I are also thinking of moving to SC in the next few years. We have visited Summerville, Charleston and Conway. Summerville appears to be over developed, Charleston is very nice - but expensive, but Conway seems quite nice. Very reasonable real estate prices, cute little downtown, but we are wondering about the impact Mrytle Beach has on the community. We were there in January so there was little traffic. How is the traffic during the summer months? Also how about crime rates - there seemed to be a lot of stories in the County newspaper about crime?
I moved to Conway last January and love it here. I noticed the traffic started getting bad in July but it depends on where your from. I was from NJ, so this traffic is nothing to me. The traffic in Conway due to vacationers usually is people trying to get to 95, so if you avoid the roads leading to that you're ok. Even in MB you can find back roads to avoid most of the traffic. As far as the crime, I keep here mixed reports but I feel totally safe here. Like almost town, there are areas to avoid. Hope this helps!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:01 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,905,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
There are plenty of "houses" here, so finding one is not a problem. My neighbor is in his fifties and lived in Conway his whole life, he said he has never seen a tornado here. Although we have had tornado watches and a couple roofs came off. Hurricanes are obviously a threat and manufactured homes are more dangerous, plus do not appreciate.

I tried to do some research on tornados in Myrtle Beach before I moved and I really haven't come up with much. How you had many tornado watches? Oh gosh I hope not. I understand if you have a hurricane it can spin off tornados but I don't plan on being here in a hurricane. That storm we had last week was bad enough for me.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I moved to Conway last January and love it here. I noticed the traffic started getting bad in July but it depends on where your from. I was from NJ, so this traffic is nothing to me. The traffic in Conway due to vacationers usually is people trying to get to 95, so if you avoid the roads leading to that you're ok. Even in MB you can find back roads to avoid most of the traffic. As far as the crime, I keep here mixed reports but I feel totally safe here. Like almost town, there are areas to avoid. Hope this helps!

I can totally see how the crime is here in Myrtle Beach just by driving around, especially up on the blvd, although according to the paper most of the crime seems to be after 12 midnight. I can even see some shady going ons in a certain part of Carolina Forest, that first apt complex. Like any touristy area we will have more of this stuff but we need to be extra careful.

Hopefully their isn't too much crime in Carolina Forest.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:02 PM

3 posts, read 6,842 times
Default We are from Mass too and we own in Surfside Beach

I live in Sturbridge, Mass and my husband works in Shrewsbury. We own down in Surfside Beach. That is where you want to live. Lots of people from Massachusetts live in Surfside Beach. It is more affluent and professional than the surrounding towns. YOu can get a condo for under 100,000 at Glenns Bay Retreat which is a lovely little community with a pool and minutes from the beach. type in zip code 29575 into your search engines on the realtor sites

Old 08-27-2007, 01:14 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,851,474 times
Nina, I saw that condo you had posted in another thread about Glenns Bay Retreat. Does that community have a website? How big is it and how many are rental units/owner units? Mostly year round residents?

Thanks.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 PM

543 posts, read 2,357,654 times
Conway is a charming little town. Of course the main road (501) is busy during traffic season. There is a local catholic church in the area.
There are many subdivisions but there are also some homes for sale near the new library area. I love the little shops out on main street in that area.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaschmitt View Post
I live in Sturbridge, Mass and my husband works in Shrewsbury. We own down in Surfside Beach. That is where you want to live. Lots of people from Massachusetts live in Surfside Beach. It is more affluent and professional than the surrounding towns. YOu can get a condo for under 100,000 at Glenns Bay Retreat which is a lovely little community with a pool and minutes from the beach. type in zip code 29575 into your search engines on the realtor sites

What type of HOA are you paying there?Is it $$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area