Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:59 AM

31 posts, read 126,146 times

Advertisements

Hubby is looking into a job in Conway - please tell me about the area. We are from MA and are a white catholic family. I have a child in high school and two in middle school, therefore, schooling is important to me.

Thank you.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:21 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,718,254 times
Hello,

I'm also looking in Conway and have been there several times. I would suggest going there before moving. It's a nice area but I'm sure very different than where you're from. I live in NJ and it was a bit of a culture shock when I first went there but each time I've visited I like it even more. There's a lot of open space but they are building up the area. Close to Myrtle Beach and they have an area in Conway with little shops and restaurants. The best thing is, it's very inexpensive to buy a house there and the taxes are low. Bad thing is you have to get used to trilers mixed in with houses along the roads. You can see a beautiful house and right next to it a beat up old trailer because of the zoning or lack of zoning. Other areas you can look at nearby are Longs, Loris, Socastee. Good Luck!

Old 09-22-2006, 02:41 PM

27 posts, read 68,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Hello,

I'm also looking in Conway and have been there several times. I would suggest going there before moving. It's a nice area but I'm sure very different than where you're from. I live in NJ and it was a bit of a culture shock when I first went there but each time I've visited I like it even more. There's a lot of open space but they are building up the area. Close to Myrtle Beach and they have an area in Conway with little shops and restaurants. The best thing is, it's very inexpensive to buy a house there and the taxes are low. Bad thing is you have to get used to trilers mixed in with houses along the roads. You can see a beautiful house and right next to it a beat up old trailer because of the zoning or lack of zoning. Other areas you can look at nearby are Longs, Loris, Socastee. Good Luck!

How inexpensive is the housing?

Old 09-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2beach View Post
How inexpensive is the housing?
It depends on what your looking at but I've been looking at houses under 200,000, three bedrooms with around an acre of land. If you don't mind living in a manufactured home (trailer) you can find something even less expensive. Until recently I have never been in a trailer and a couple weeks ago I went in a few in the Conway, Loris area and they were nicer then some of the houses we looked at. I would prefer not to have one but if it doesn't bother you then I would check those out also. The taxes there are really inexpensive. Example of a house I looked at: brand new, 1.3 acres, three bedrooms, two baths - $600.00. The same house near me in NJ with a small lot would be around $12,000.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needachange View Post
Hubby is looking into a job in Conway - please tell me about the area. We are from MA and are a white catholic family. I have a child in high school and two in middle school, therefore, schooling is important to me.

Thank you.

you'll love it down there conway your in the middle of it all too. good luck!!bike week is the best down there!!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 AM

6 posts, read 36,522 times
Hi

We Are Also Looking In Conway, Are There Any Active Adult Community In Conway,we Are Very Active And Are Looking For A Club House That Has Alot Of Active.we Are Coming Down In July Again.

Thank You

Old 05-02-2007, 11:51 PM

106 posts, read 429,833 times
We're in NJ also and have been looking in Summerville, Cottageville area. We were in SC last week and stopped in Conway on our way home to visit some friends and now Conway is on our list too. I LOVED where they lived! It was very rural but they were still only 3 or 4 minutes from a Super Walmart, gas stations and banks. And it only takes them 20 minutes to get to Myrtle Beach.

The only thing we're a bit nervous about is that they said the next county over has a pretty high crime rate. But they've been there almost 4 years and never had a problem ... except for a few snakes

They have a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, triple wide mobile/manufactured home on an acre and a half. They bought it brand new almost 4 years ago and paid $160,000 for it. And it's beautiful inside ... very roomy with 2,300 square feet. Taxes are $575 a year.

They're also white catholic and have 2 young kids (11 and 9). We didn't talk to much about the school system except that they are very happy with it and love that their kids are learning good manners ... yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir, etc ...

Old 05-03-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK1943 View Post
Hi

We Are Also Looking In Conway, Are There Any Active Adult Community In Conway,we Are Very Active And Are Looking For A Club House That Has Alot Of Active.we Are Coming Down In July Again.

Thank You
Hello,

I just mentioned in the other thread from tgava that I moved to Conway from NJ and love it here! I'll pm you the same info. I sent to tgava.

There are a lot of communities here with lots to do, so I don't think you will have a problem finding something. Good luck!

Old 05-05-2007, 08:45 AM

251 posts, read 1,123,064 times
I'd stay away from "trailer houses" as they call them here in SC. You have to remember, you will be living in hurricane territory in Conway (tornados too) and the first thing to go is the trailers.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog View Post
I'd stay away from "trailer houses" as they call them here in SC. You have to remember, you will be living in hurricane territory in Conway (tornados too) and the first thing to go is the trailers.
There are plenty of "houses" here, so finding one is not a problem. My neighbor is in his fifties and lived in Conway his whole life, he said he has never seen a tornado here. Although we have had tornado watches and a couple roofs came off. Hurricanes are obviously a threat and manufactured homes are more dangerous, plus do not appreciate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area