Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 04:08 PM

51 posts, read 168,628 times

Advertisements

I was offered a position in the Myrtle Beach area and am considering relocating my family to the area. I know the area pretty well and really like the Prince Creek area. My wife obviously would come down without a job for now. What would be a good salary range in order to live in a nice 3-4 bedroom home in Prince Creek/Murrells Inlet area? I just want to know what to expect as far as salary and cost of living with that salary range.

Thanks all.
Josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 04:13 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,889,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowDone View Post
I was offered a position in the Myrtle Beach area and am considering relocating my family to the area. I know the area pretty well and really like the Prince Creek area. My wife obviously would come down without a job for now. What would be a good salary range in order to live in a nice 3-4 bedroom home in Prince Creek/Murrells Inlet area? I just want to know what to expect as far as salary and cost of living with that salary range.

Thanks all.
Josh
First of all, congrats on your job offer! Very exciting. Although I can't tell you what salary would work for your family, due to everyone's individualized situations. I also don't live in the Murrell's Inlet area, but Carolina Forest. We moved down in May, and we are renting a 4 bedroom, brand new home in a nice (not well to do, but definitely middle/upper middle class) neighborhood, and we pay 1550 per month. We found homes that were less, as well as home that were more per month, but we had our own budget constraints to work with. You best bet is to contact a local real estate agent that can guide you in the right direction. Good luck to you!

Old 08-16-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
First of all, congrats on your job offer! Very exciting. Although I can't tell you what salary would work for your family, due to everyone's individualized situations. I also don't live in the Murrell's Inlet area, but Carolina Forest. We moved down in May, and we are renting a 4 bedroom, brand new home in a nice (not well to do, but definitely middle/upper middle class) neighborhood, and we pay 1550 per month. We found homes that were less, as well as home that were more per month, but we had our own budget constraints to work with. You best bet is to contact a local real estate agent that can guide you in the right direction. Good luck to you!
Thanks for that info. I would consider purchasing a home probably around the $240-260k range. We live pretty modest lifestyle. I know you can't say an exact salary, but a range possible? Thanks all.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:43 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,889,307 times
There are just too many variables, such as debt, spending habits, how often you go out to eat vs. cooking, children, etc., to give you a range. I think two people, with no debt, can live comfortably off 50K per year. Others would say no way. It depends on many factors.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:16 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,739,025 times
I sent you a short note. I gave you the name of a person who will answer all your questions, she knows the answers.
It will depend on your debt and all of the above mentioned.
Prince Creek is a fantastic choice.However if that doesn't work. The Lakes is fantastic, The Gates also.
Perhaps International Club or TPC ( Tournament Players Club) even Preswick are all very classy places to live.
Depends on if you like golf...or if you like being on water. Lots of things to know.
Make a list of your needs and your questions and send them over to the person I gave you. She has a web site also.
The best.....She is the best for your quest!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I sent you a short note. I gave you the name of a person who will answer all your questions, she knows the answers.
It will depend on your debt and all of the above mentioned.
Prince Creek is a fantastic choice.However if that doesn't work. The Lakes is fantastic, The Gates also.
Perhaps International Club or TPC ( Tournament Players Club) even Preswick are all very classy places to live.
Depends on if you like golf...or if you like being on water. Lots of things to know.
Make a list of your needs and your questions and send them over to the person I gave you. She has a web site also.
The best.....She is the best for your quest!
I appreciate that, but I do not have any messages from you in my direct message box? Can you resend it please?

Thanks

Old 08-24-2012, 06:13 AM

Anyone else have any opinions on this? thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area