Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 11:50 PM

3 posts, read 4,211 times

Advertisements

Please do your homework and remember you get what you pay for. It is true you get more bang for your buck when purchasing a home but you have to consider the quality of these homes. Car insurance is much cheaper as is real estate taxes. I currently pay about $700 a year in property taxes as opposed to the seven thousand a year I paid up north but the $7,000 a year I paid up north have a lot of services that went with it there are no services here not even garbage removal. If you want garbage removal from your property you pay a monthly fee otherwise you have to haul all your trash in your personal vehicle and take it to one of the recycle centers. Granted the recycle manned they are organized it was multiple locations. But I don't particularly like loading trash in my nice new vehicle. Most of the housing developments are part of a homeowners association which I do not like its an added expense and I'm told I cannot fence in my backyard for my large dog needless to say I had to get rid of the dog he needed space to run. That's not true of all hoa is but in the development that I live also they only have one entrance and if you have a situation like we did or there's a fire you're screwed you can't get out of here it's ridiculous to only have one access point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 11:57 PM

3 posts, read 4,211 times
Sales tax along the beach is 10% yours are personal vehicle tax every year at time of car registration Time Warner Cable sucks traffic can be difficult at best during tourist season especially route 501 around conway. Is considering purchasing a home or renting an apartment in Conway keep in mind that it's a college town with Carolina the Coastal Carolina University in Horry Georgetown Technical College. My particular housing community has a lot of older people and I feel like I'm living in Heaven's waiting room not to say that it's all older people here but in the particular area that I live. I don't care for healthcare and I am in that field and I don't care for the school system down here. The roads are good but drainage is an issue I've been having flooding long before this recent flood of 2015. Crime rate is very high google and find out that it Myrtle Beach was named one of the 10 most dangerous cities in a couple years ago it was named in the top 10 for the dirtiest ocean. I miss a lot of my stores from up north Burlington Coat Factory Lord and Taylor Nordstroms bloomingdales. I don't care for the cuisine it seems that they have a lot of chain restaurants down here most of the seafood is fried I usually going to Murrells Inlet particularly drunken jacks to get nice broiled seafood platters. I haven't been able to find a decent pizza or bagel or Bakery. I was excited to find a new bakery in North Myrtle Beach the man that owns it is from up north yet when I went in do you have corn right now how about garlic fingers no tea biscuits now papi stolen yes we have that and I bought it was overpriced it was ruined by a horrible icing put on it and it has very little puppy in it. It is a right to work state which means they can terminate your service is at any time without providing a reason. The pay stinks as does the health care benefits. On the positive side it does have a nice climate the people are friendly and it's a great place to live if you're retired or you're self employed or independently wealthy. Not liking the fire ants were the earwigs or trying to find a decent Handyman or any kind of a worker for that matter I've been looking for months to find a sober electrician to do a little work the people that I have hired did shoddy work at best and overcharged. Real estate taxes are cheaper here as is automobile insurance and the cost of housing but again you get what you pay for the taxes are cheaper but there's no services the auto insurance that's a good thing that it slower when it comes to housing it is cheaper but the quality is not fair again you get what you pay for. So continue to do your research especially if you're young and you were in your working hours because the work in the money just is not here. Probably the biggest mistake of my life was moving here as soon as the real estate values go up I'm out of here. Good luck!

Old 11-04-2015, 03:54 AM

244 posts, read 716,361 times
It's the end of the world as we know it
And I feel fine

Old 11-04-2015, 06:13 AM

214 posts, read 262,966 times
Default I can answer that ............

Who is REM ? Rock Bands from the 90's for $400 Alex .

Old 11-04-2015, 09:22 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,726,312 times
Well, Stranded, I don't know if you realized that you tacked on to a fairly old thread, but it sounds like you are pretty unhappy and that's too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area