Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:42 PM

747 posts, read 1,685,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
What would be teriffic would be a "Christmas Store" which is as we know not all Christmas in the least, and full of fun items for a great price.
Also a Hobby Lobby would be nice. I was in the new Hobby Lobby in Mt. Pleasant and hated to leave.
I adores that store in Easton, Pa and I was so happy to be in one again. They have the best in artifical flowers. ( I am not a lover of artifical flowers mind you.) It just is great to find some unique flowers for a holiday vase or outdoor wreath. The holiday departments are so full of awesome things.
If it is the "same ole'" Tanger Outlets then boredom sets in. The joy in something new and unique is what keeps a shopper coming out.
Well, I say...they should now open up and tell us about the plan. Secrets are so silly. It is so perfectly done and waiting. I think I watched someone out there picking up loose rocks. Its smooth beyond words. Giddyup, Myrtle Beach...
Do agree with the Hobby Lobby, they do need one. I almost mentioned that in my above post but did not. I did a search a month or so ago and was shocked to find out they don't have Hobby Lobby. I have a H.L. within five minutes of me, go there often. I have no idea what i'm going to do without a Hobby Lobby, considering the nearest one I believe is in Florence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,698,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Do agree with the Hobby Lobby, they do need one. I almost mentioned that in my above post but did not. I did a search a month or so ago and was shocked to find out they don't have Hobby Lobby. I have a H.L. within five minutes of me, go there often. I have no idea what i'm going to do without a Hobby Lobby, considering the nearest one I believe is in Florence.
Our closest Hobby Lobby in PA was a good 40 min away in the Wilson/Easton area. I had never been in another in NJ or Pa.
The new store in Mt.Pleasant is on the North end of town so not far into the area. It is quite huge and I could have spent hours there if hubby and two dogs were not waiting in the car. ( the pitfall of having the babies along...lol)

I've been in the Christmas Tree Shops in NY and in PA. There is also a store that was "new to me" in NJ.
I usually get no Christmas things there but I've found a wonderful divider, and lots of Fourth of July items. They have such nice table cloths for a holiday. What was nice in the NY store is that they had
a bunch of seashore things. Its a fun store. I've bought my best table napkins there with gorgeous designs.

I think it would be wonderful to have these two stores rather then the usual Tanger stores. I hope that at least they have different from the choices we have now.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowDone View Post
Anyone know what will be goisng up at S.C. 544 and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach? Looks like a huge huge flat waste land now.
The area you are referring will be a new mall like mall of America the new concept is being built in the meadow lands near giant stadium completion is still early stages but sources have a late 2014 date

Old 10-21-2012, 05:13 PM

747 posts, read 1,685,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknows View Post
The area you are referring will be a new mall like mall of America the new concept is being built in the meadow lands near giant stadium completion is still early stages but sources have a late 2014 date
Wow that sounds pretty impressive if it is going to be anything close to what the Mall of America is.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,558,988 times
I know what BIG store might be nice to have close..... an Ikea.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:47 PM

51 posts, read 168,429 times
The meadowlands concept completely failed. It was half built and they gave up on it. I think this is a rumor you just made up.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,838,221 times
Ladies, this land is far too valuable for just another shopping mall. Something important needs to go here. Something like a Bass Pro Shop to serve the needs of the South end of the Strand.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM

96 posts, read 220,824 times
I think it would be a perfect location for a new golf course and pro shop. There appears to be a large demand for this in that area

Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM

638 posts, read 997,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass11 View Post
I think it would be a perfect location for a new golf course and pro shop. There appears to be a large demand for this in that area
The last thing they need is another golf course! It's too flat for that anyway!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:49 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,230,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
The last thing they need is another golf course! It's too flat for that anyway!
I think you missed his sarcasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area