Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM

96 posts, read 220,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
I think you missed his sarcasm.
If they dont build a new golf course one can only hope they build a very much needed Eagle Beachware store. Can't ever have enough $1.99 shark tooth neckleses .

Sarcasm ......it's a gift or a curse.

Does the cleared land have any tie in to the planned/proposed technical industrial park that was planned near the airport?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 08:25 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
I just spoke to someone from the company who is clearing the land. They are simply cleaning it up for the owners and then they will try to market it. Nothing is planned so far.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 AM

540 posts, read 1,679,185 times
There's a Hobby Lobby in Florence. I wish we had an Earth Fare or Trader Joe's here. I love the Charleston area, but it's a long drive just to stock up on stuff

Old 10-27-2012, 09:37 AM

747 posts, read 1,682,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pburgess68 View Post
There's a Hobby Lobby in Florence. I wish we had an Earth Fare or Trader Joe's here. I love the Charleston area, but it's a long drive just to stock up on stuff
Yeah but isn't Florence about a 3 hour drive from MB, or am I wrong? To me 3 hours to and another 3 to get back is a pretty long haul to get some home decor. Never heard of Earth Fare or Trader Joe's, we don't have those where I currently live. I have heard MB has a Whole Foods, and i'm curious is that a all organic store, someone told me it was but i'm not sure. we don't have there here either.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 PM

638 posts, read 993,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Yeah but isn't Florence about a 3 hour drive from MB, or am I wrong? To me 3 hours to and another 3 to get back is a pretty long haul to get some home decor. Never heard of Earth Fare or Trader Joe's, we don't have those where I currently live. I have heard MB has a Whole Foods, and i'm curious is that a all organic store, someone told me it was but i'm not sure. we don't have there here either.
We already have a Whole Foods and Hobby Lobby here in Wilmington and a Trader Joe's opening next month which is only an hour and a half to two hours from Myrtle Beach. A whole lot closer than Florence! Come on up!! LOL. We go to Myrtle a lot just for the day and it's a great day away. You could do the same thing from there to Wilmington.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
Quote:
Yeah but isn't Florence about a 3 hour drive from MB, or am I wrong?
Actually, the drive is about 90 minutes (60-65 miles).

Old 10-29-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
We already have a Whole Foods and Hobby Lobby here in Wilmington and a Trader Joe's opening next month which is only an hour and a half to two hours from Myrtle Beach. A whole lot closer than Florence! Come on up!! LOL. We go to Myrtle a lot just for the day and it's a great day away. You could do the same thing from there to Wilmington.
I want to go to Wilmington anyway, correct me if I'm wrong but that but that battleship is there. My husband is really wanting to see that, so I guess when we go up there I'll get my Hobby Lobby fix.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Actually, the drive is about 90 minutes (60-65 miles).
Well I'm glad to hear it isn't as long as I thought. I was beginning to wonder how I was going to survive without having a Hobby Lobby.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:29 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Well rather then take a long drive to Hobby Lobby....From Myrtle Beach you can get to Mt Pleasant in probably the same time frame at least. Its quite a big new store. Not only that a Pier One is not far from it and other box stores are nestled in. Have lunch on the marsh front at Shem Creek.....Beautiful...

Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
I want to go to Wilmington anyway, correct me if I'm wrong but that but that battleship is there. My husband is really wanting to see that, so I guess when we go up there I'll get my Hobby Lobby fix.
The battleship in Wilmington is fantastic. The boys and their family loved it. Its near the Riverwalk and you won't miss it.
In Mt. Pleasant at Patriots Point they have an aircraft carrier the Yorktown that you can go on also.
Both are awesome spots to head to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area