Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 07:26 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,682,110 times

Advertisements

Land owners dispel rumors about local development project - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 PM

747 posts, read 1,686,230 times
Shame nothing is going to be done with the land just yet. Maybe one day soon they will put something really nice there, guess we will all just have to wait and see.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:40 AM

1,126 posts, read 1,725,022 times
Just to pipe in an FYI to the person who doesn't know Whole Foods...its often known as "Whole Paycheck" by those who shop there and they are not strictly organic; its more like a gourmet grocery focused on those desiring sustainably-sourced foods as well as the vegan and vegetarian mindsets. They are really big on holisitc lifestyle products as well. They don't sell any of the massive brands like Chef Boyardee or Kelloggs or Parkay or Pillsbury....they don't meet their "quality requirements".
Trader Joe's is similar but on a smaller scale, think neighborhood market, and they are focused on fair trade products and organics too, but not exclusively.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:30 PM

747 posts, read 1,686,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Just to pipe in an FYI to the person who doesn't know Whole Foods...its often known as "Whole Paycheck" by those who shop there and they are not strictly organic; its more like a gourmet grocery focused on those desiring sustainably-sourced foods as well as the vegan and vegetarian mindsets. They are really big on holisitc lifestyle products as well. They don't sell any of the massive brands like Chef Boyardee or Kelloggs or Parkay or Pillsbury....they don't meet their "quality requirements".
Trader Joe's is similar but on a smaller scale, think neighborhood market, and they are focused on fair trade products and organics too, but not exclusively.

Thanks for the reply and the info on Whole Foods. I'm very curious about Whole Foods now. I'm not really sure what to call myself I don't eat meat, sugar, or drink caffeine and don't even eat many veggies anymore because of pesticides and I stay away from fruit because of the sugar content. When I go to the store I try to buy organic (my Kroger has a tiny organic area) and I frown upon most name brands because they seem to be loaded down with chemicals. I can't wait until we move in the coming months, Whole Foods seems like it might be the place for me especially if they have quality requirements.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:16 AM

51 posts, read 168,496 times
Any update on this? Just curious.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,708,172 times
Haven't read anything new. It would be nice to have a Whole Foods but I think we are dreaming....
Whoever knows what the plans are, are good at keeping a secret. The news did say he has no plans.
Why all the clearing and immaculate care of the flat area...we just don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area