Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 12:48 PM

98 posts, read 245,997 times

Advertisements

Aside from the gas station behind/beside the Beverly Homes new builds, what are your thoughts on this area of Pawleys in general? The neighborhood? Anything a buyer should be wary of if building or buying in the marsh-view neighborhoods like The Enclave, Marsh Grass East, Litchfield Breezes? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 07:57 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on marsh living or the area that Litchfield Breezes/ The Enclave are located? Any help is greatly appreciated! I have heard there is a little drug activity there and I just wanted to ask locals their opinion.

Also- has anyone heard of any up and coming new construction neighborhoods or just great communities with newer homes (with a view of the marsh, ICW or beach) that hasn't been heavily advertised)? We have looked at 30+ homes in MB, Pawleys, Garden City, Surfside & Murrells Inlet and almost every listing needed a massive update. In the Charlotte area, $700k got you quite a bit iso it's kinda a culture shock! Here it's all wire shelving, 8ft ceilings, brass hardware, granite counters in the kitchens and outdated tile, cheap tub/shower inserts, framed showers, carpet, single ovens, microwaves not being built in, appliances from the late 90's, etc. Basically even new builds are stuck in 2010 (farmhouse sliding doors and craftsman details! We even were shown a home in Surfside where the large jacuzzi soaking tub was INSIDE of the master bedroom. so it's been a process, for sure!

Last edited by swanky; 01-01-2020 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-08-2020, 06:12 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Land is cheap and plentiful in Charlotte, NC and not so at the coast.

I would for sure buy marsh view. Gorgeous views. You can always update the inside, but if you buy in Charlotte, you are still stuck in Charlotte.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Land is cheap and plentiful in Charlotte, NC and not so at the coast.

I would for sure buy marsh view. Gorgeous views. You can always update the inside, but if you buy in Charlotte, you are still stuck in Charlotte.
Hilarious! I thought it was quite obvious I was not speaking as to the value of land. I am well aware of the differences in land cost (although land in the Charlotte area is certainly not plentiful....not anything in a desirable area that is). Clearly we were not expecting a perfectly turn-key custom home, but a full gut job wasn't exactly what we hoped-although it's what we've taken on in order to have a excellent property with fantastic views and water frontage.

Thank you for the advice though and the laugh!

Old 03-03-2020, 06:22 AM

5 posts, read 3,370 times
The newer homes east of 17 on the marsh can be quite nice. The roar of traffic not so nice.

We have been looking for 4 winters here for a home. Your description is what we have found. Homes built in the 90's need updates. Prices continue to escalate. New communities are being developed all the time. It's getting crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area