Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2020, 06:17 AM

8 posts, read 6,389 times

Advertisements

Just starting our search for a second home.

Looking for a home/townhouse/condo on a course with an active men’s group that plays a few times a week. Have checked out Barefoot so far but the golf looks pretty pricey. I don’t need top of the line type of course but being able to get to dining via our golf cart would be a big plus.

We may just end up buying at Barefoot and I will drive to a course that has an active men’s group. Recommendations on that would also be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 01:22 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
I live in Barefoot. I don't play golf yet but my brothers came down over Thanksgiving and played 2 of the courses and thoroughly enjoyed them. They paid member prices ($41) as I have a social membership and get passes each year.

Barefoot is in a great location. 10 minutes to the beach with 2 parking lots for Barefoot owners and a beach cabana (torn down now for rebuilding and should be done by October). Everything seems to be either 10 or 20 minutes away.

The location, on the other side of the intracoastal, makes it feel very residential vs that vacation feel you get along 17 and east towards the beach.

Been here since May 2019 and so far loving it and feel I made a good choice for location.

Here's some info on Barefoot men's golf groups:
https://barefoothoa.com/golfgroups.html

Good luck in your search.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:41 AM

8 posts, read 6,389 times
Thanks for the info. I finally spoke with a guy at the course that sets up all the groups. He says they have a group on Tuesdays open to all ages and flights based on handicap and a group on Thursdays open to those 60+.

Are you familiar with the Tidewater GC in Little River at all?

We have been coming to MB for years and have always pictured ourselves in a condo on the beach. But, last time we were down we spent two nights at Barefoot before moving to the beach and really liked the idea of having our own golf cart to get around with. Everything I have read says that you can’t drive them after dark but we saw plenty of them out at Barefoot Landing while we were having dinner.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:28 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Golf carts can only operate during daylight hours. There is another type of vehicle called LSV, low speed vehicle which can operate at night. And LSV's do look like golf carts. The LSV's are like "street legal golf carts" if you will.

Old 01-19-2020, 10:51 AM

285 posts, read 638,742 times
Barefoot is a great golfing community. If you purchase a home or condo where the prior owner had a golf membership, then that membership carries over to the new buyer with a $2,000 transfer fee. Monthly dues are about $150 for unlimited golf (cart fees are about $25-$30 per round). Barefoot is in a great location close to activities & restaurants, has four golf courses, beach cabana, and a nice pub on site to grab food/pizza or have a drink. You can take the golf cart to the pub or to the Bi-Lo supermarket.

River Hills in Little River is a nice golf community. Course is in nice shape and you can get a lot of house for the money. Probably won't be able to get to dining in the golf cart.

Tidewater is a great golf course that has battled with conditioning issues on and off the past decade. The community is a beautiful oasis, especially the Bluffs section. Only problem is it's a bit out of the way and the drive to get there is on a two-lane road surrounded by low-end mobile homes and people who keep and burn trash in their yards. Other than the clubhouse you won't be able to take your golf cart outside the community to restaurants.

Surf Club is a pricier option but it's the best conditioned golf course on the Grand Strand. Course is private (4k initiation, $305/month dues) and they have a lot of men's events. There are new condos for sale right on the course next to the 14th tee. You would be able to take your own golf cart to the Publix nearby and all the restaurants in that plaza, as well as to the nearby Gator Hole plaza if you take the back streets.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:46 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,094,368 times
I love Barefoot! What a wonderful community!

Old 03-31-2020, 05:15 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
We have a place in Barefoot, too....GREAT golf courses (4 of them!)....hubby loves it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area