Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 12:13 PM

13 posts, read 56,808 times

Advertisements

What is the regulations regarding golf cart usage in Surfside Beach? I am moving to Surfside Beach Club and was curious if I can use a golf cart to and fro from the beach?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 12:38 PM

529 posts, read 1,978,548 times
I am not sure of the exact regulations, however, I vacation there and the golf carts are driven all over the place (except 17). Many people drive them to the beach and park at the public access entrance. Also, I saw a lot of people driving them to the grocery stores and other shopping areas.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:16 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
I do not know what the specific ordinances are within the town limits of Surfside regarding golf carts but below is the state law governing golf carts. You need a permit from DMV and have to prove you have insurance. An incorporated town may restrict them, I know that the Town of Pawleys Island has banned golf carts.

SECTION 56-3-115. Golf carts; permit to operate on highways and streets.

The owner of a vehicle commonly known as a golf cart, if he has a valid driver's license, may obtain a permit from the Department of Motor Vehicles upon the payment of a fee of five dollars and proof of financial responsibility which permits his agent, employees, or him to:

(1) operate the golf cart on a secondary highway or street within two miles of his residence or place of business during daylight hours only; and

(2) cross a primary highway or street while traveling along a secondary highway or street within two miles of his residence or place of business during daylight hours only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area