Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 07:06 PM

15 posts, read 44,988 times

Advertisements

hi all,
I am relocating to SC during August 15th. I would like to live close to CCU so I dont have to drive to the school everyday.

I am planning to buy a motorbike or scooter. Do I have to buy a car or can i get by with a scooter/motorbike.

Also, I have found few places for rent in craigs list. Are there any other sites I can use to find apartments. I would prefer to stay with someone to save on rent & utilities.

I will be moving from Nebraska and looking forward for the warmer weather.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM

221 posts, read 1,030,070 times
I'm sure you could get by with a moped, even if you're further away from school. In SC if you get your license revoked you can't drive a car or motorcycle but you can still drive a Moped. Its not uncommon to see somebody on a moped on some major highways, Not Interstates. It wouldn't be totally unheard of for you to drive 15 miles or more on a moped. I'm sure its not incredibly safe, but it can be done.

If you google CCU and Roommate you'll find alot of sites with stories about a CCU roommate shooting... If you root though all of that mess you can find a few sites like this one that show posts by folks looking for room mates:
Roommates around Florence, SC - Oodle.com

Some of the ones on that site are from all over the state but I saw at least a couple in Conway.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:36 PM

26 posts, read 117,250 times
If you are going to be on CCU's campus any time soon, there are postings all over about roomates being wanted. In every building there are boards with ads. I am sure you could find many looking for a roomate in a house or apt near CCU. I also see some ads for roomates on Facebook if you have access to that site.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:32 PM

15 posts, read 44,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachTeach07 View Post
If you are going to be on CCU's campus any time soon, there are postings all over about roomates being wanted. In every building there are boards with ads. I am sure you could find many looking for a roomate in a house or apt near CCU. I also see some ads for roomates on Facebook if you have access to that site.

My situation would be to find a place with roomate online and talk over phone and move directly. I wont have option to visit the place and look for apartments before I move.

I found some good ads in facebook. Might go with that. Thanks guys

Old 05-09-2008, 11:06 AM

4 posts, read 11,764 times
Hi there. I teach at CCU. Lots of students live in Campus Edge - it's in walking distance to the college.
Welcome to Campus Edge

Do NOT live in the apartments right next to campus on 544. I can't remember the name - College Commons or something like that.

A lot of students also live in Carolina Forsest. There are several apartments there.
Carolina Forest South Carolina

Old 03-14-2009, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 6,954 times
There is a good website to use for finding student rentals

[URL="http://www.ccurentals.com"]www.ccurentals.com[/URL]

Old 03-15-2009, 04:40 PM

882 posts, read 3,531,936 times
This thread is over a year old.. and advertising is not permissible per forum rules which can be found here... //www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...rum-rules.html

Old 03-16-2009, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,945 times
You will only be able to get by with a moped if you don't plan to leave campus. 501 and 544 on a moped is out of the question and those are the only 2 ways to get to the beach from CCU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area