Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2021, 03:49 PM

16 posts, read 36,160 times

Advertisements

we are currently living in Las Vegas have been here for around 18 yrs, I am originally from Long Island and my wife is from Chicago. We have a 11 yr old girl. Gifted student, loves gymnastics, but also has Crohns. We have been looking at moving East. We are trying to decide between Tampa or Myrtle Beach. I have family in both. I been looking on line and the sites say MB is not a good place to kids. My wife likes MB over Tampa.
I work for the airlines so I can pretty much live anywhere as long as I have access to an airport. I am kicking myself because we were looking last yr and Housing prices have sky rocketed getting to almost out of reach. With all the family moving from Up North and it expanding how family friendly is MB? the school grades look pretty low what do you really think of the education ? and anyone have any knowledge of how the health care system is especially for kids, and specialty ( i need a hematologist ) any information will help

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 03:49 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
YOu better factor in a private school if you have a gifted kid.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:01 PM

44 posts, read 76,576 times
Default MB vs. TPA

We looked at MB/Pawley's Island area and was not impressed. We chose Nokomis Fl, about an hour south of Tampa because of housing, taxes and weather. We are retired and did not look at school concerns. We found MB too touristy. TPA is a good airport in and out but is a much larger city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: