Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

South Carolina: sell my house quick, job market, allergy pills, rent a trailer, cross country moving.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM

158 posts, read 582,645 times

Advertisements

Its been a while since I've posted.

Our house still hasn't had any bites on it.

Oh, well. When the times right, we'll be ready.... I hope!!!

My wife and I are expecting our first little one in the next week or so!!

Both of us are very excited!

We' ve been talking about moving. She would like to quit her job and stay home with the baby for the first few years. I would also like that!

She is a bit more concerned with packing and moving than I am.

So.... here is the question. We would like opinions, suggestions and/or whatever comments you guys have on moving in our situation. O.K??

We are fortunate and have our home paid off.

We should also be able to have a minumim of $200,000 to move and rent/ and then buy. (As long as our house sells).

We both love the area out there (Murrells, Little River, etc).

Are allergies are ALOT better out on the coast (not many symptoms)

She has an excellent background in accounting AND bartending.

I am an all around mechanic, machinist, house builder, maintenance, etc. with a good resume.

WHAT CONCERNS, IF ANY, SHOULD WE HAVE WITH MOVING???

Oh, we live in Northwest Arkansas. She's originally from California, I'm from central N.Y. state. So..... we really have no family where we live at the time.

Parents moved us here. Both her parents passed away. Mine got divorced and mom moved back to NY and also just passed away. My dad and bro are in their own little world here. So............????

Thanks for all the input/opinions!

Good Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM

245 posts, read 761,801 times
My husband and I had very serious problems with allergies but since we moved here he has only taken maybe five allergy pills and I have not had a single one. The only time I have even noticed a possiable problem is after a very heavy rain.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbychoice14 View Post
My husband and I had very serious problems with allergies but since we moved here he has only taken maybe five allergy pills and I have not had a single one. The only time I have even noticed a possiable problem is after a very heavy rain.
That is GREAT to hear that!

Every time we go to any coastal area, our allergies seem to disappear. My vision gets clearer (may sound strange to some, but those in the same boat, you should understand), breathing is better through my nose, and I seem to not ache as much.

I know my allergies come from the dry grass in the summer and ragweed.

Tree pollen doesn't seem to be a problem.

Thanks for the post!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:12 PM

53 posts, read 332,354 times
I have moved a few times arcoss country. In both instances, I packed everything in a Uhaul and had the family stay in a hotel or with other family as I drove to the new home. When I arrived, I would pick them up from the airport the next day. You do not want to make a road trip out of it.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaxil View Post
I have moved a few times arcoss country. In both instances, I packed everything in a Uhaul and had the family stay in a hotel or with other family as I drove to the new home. When I arrived, I would pick them up from the airport the next day. You do not want to make a road trip out of it.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying.

But....... with all the stuff we have and 1000 mile drive one way, its not a one trip move.

I have a mill and lathe for metal working and all the stuff that goes with it (band saws, welders etc). that will have to be trailered, not put in a U-haul.

We have 5 vehicles. (I know.... WHAT FOR??? Right??) Well, long story short..... my mom just passed away this year (have her Jeep, will never sell that! Mint 1980 CJ-7)

Wifes dad passed 2 years ago..... 2003 ram 1-ton cummins diesel 6" lift 6-speed. (Wouldn't get rid of this for anything!!!!.............especially because it is what we use to tow our 10,000# 30' boat.)

1994 GMC Yukon 2-door (rare, and I totally built it to represent my fabrication skills and machine work, for side jobs and extra $$$$. Has straight axle conversion and 9" rear axle with discs and lockers, 9" lift,custom built this, that, yada yada yada)

Custom sand rail with 300 h.p v-6, street legal, and still about 30mpg. (Pretty much explains itself, good mileage, fast, open to the air..... come on its a BEACH MOBILE!! Can't sell that! I know...... can't drive on the beaches, but its good for the nice cruises on the coast.

AND.... wifes got her 1997 Jeep TJ Wrangler I built her. Nice, good mileage, nothing fancy on it other than the 5" lift and tires, bumper and some stainless parts. Its her pride and joy!

Well.... I know some might believe we're materialistic (spelling....???), but hey, each vehicle has alot of meaning AND all paid for. AND.... a new child on the way (they need to learn to drive someday, they'll have a good selection to choose from)

My wife doesn't mind towing a trailer too.

We will have the help of some friends too.

A friend of mine and I will probably do a trip there and back, then the wife and I will finish it off with a 2nd/final trip.

The boat will be the hardest. OVERSIZE LOAD signs, no night driving, etc. It's not too bad though. It was a 500 mile trip, one way, hauling it from where I bought it from. No biggie though.

So.....it boils down to this..... Kick back, enjoy the ride, and don't be in a hurry!! I DO LOVE TO DRIVE!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Have a good night, evening or whatever it is when you read this!

Rob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area