Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 05:00 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,715,421 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place in Pawleys Island to get frozen custard. Any recommendations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,099,198 times
Frozen Custard? This isn't Wisconsin. Down here, we eat ice cream, or frozen yogurt, like the rest of America does!

Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 AM

747 posts, read 1,681,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
I'm looking for a place in Pawleys Island to get frozen custard. Any recommendations
I keep seeing places that sale frozen custard in myrtle. I've never ate it or heard of it until we moved down here. What's it like? If I could eat sweets I'd get me one and try it. Sorry no recs, don't recall seeing any custard places when I was down in pawleys the other day, but I wasn't looking for them either. If I learn of any I'll let you know.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM

34 posts, read 109,922 times
Frozen custard is DEE-LICIOUS! It's like ice cream, but smoother and sweeter. It's not an understatement to say that I was devastated when Goodberry's closed its Broadway at the Beach location. I never miss a chance to visit their locations around Raleigh, NC when I'm up that way. I would love to know where the best place around here is to find some.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:14 PM

Update on custard places..."Hwy 55" in Murrells Inlet sells frozen custard treats. Not as good as Goodberry's, citynelg, but better than most I've since leaving Indianapolis.

912- don't knock it until you've tried it- frozen custard is a whole different texture than ice cream, and is an experience unto itself when made well.

CD, the difference between custard and ice cream or yogurt is the texture...its more dense and usually creamier than an ice cream and doesn't have that "bite" of flavor that yogurts have. Its good eats!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:39 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Update on custard places..."Hwy 55" in Murrells Inlet sells frozen custard treats. Not as good as Goodberry's, citynelg, but better than most I've since leaving Indianapolis.

912- don't knock it until you've tried it- frozen custard is a whole different texture than ice cream, and is an experience unto itself when made well.

CD, the difference between custard and ice cream or yogurt is the texture...its more dense and usually creamier than an ice cream and doesn't have that "bite" of flavor that yogurts have. Its good eats!
busydesk - Thanks for sharing this place. I have never heard of it and am definitely going to try it. I LOVE frozen custard. Never occurred to me that I could get it in SC. I also love the look of this place, just based on their website. Want to try their hamburgers and fries, too.

So glad you started this thread!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:52 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
busydesk -Want to try their hamburgers and fries, too.
You won't be disappointed, vrexy.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:18 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
You won't be disappointed, vrexy.
Thanks, TNKY!

How is everything? Are you getting settled in and loving it here? I hope so!

Old 09-26-2013, 04:33 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Thanks, TNKY!

How is everything? Are you getting settled in and loving it here? I hope so!
Things are okay. The job situation is a bit up in the air due to unforeseen circumstances, but it's a temporary setback. Otherwise things are well. Thanks for asking and enjoy that burger .

Old 09-26-2013, 08:49 PM

Highly recommend the malts, too!!!!!

This place reminds me of a chain in Greenville (NC) called Andy's, and it may be a franchise situation with different names in different regions, but its fun and friendly and must be pretty popular as there are always folks in there it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area