Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 AM

13 posts, read 49,502 times

Advertisements

Hi, my family and I are moving to Naples soon, and we found a 4 bedroom townhouse to rent in the VeronaWalk community.

Does anyone have opinions on this area? It is 24/7 gated community, has sort of a bizarre "amenities" lakefront area with a post office, library, gas station, etc (inside the community). I'm not too sure about that- it seems really "pre-built" and sort of planned, but if it is family friendly for kids (have a 1 and 3 year old), then maybe it is ok.

We like the location- about 5 min from 75 and 10 min from the beach, does that sound right?

What about surrounding area? Anything specific you can provide with your experience?

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 04:09 PM

57 posts, read 111,701 times
I love Verona walk. Believe me those ammenities will be nice if we get skirted by a hurricane u won't be fighting the town for milk and water lol u'll have it right there and u'll have gas right there which is another thing u'll be filling up on. Plus in season once again u don't have to fight traffic if u don't want to Its very safe, lots of families in there. Great community

Old 07-29-2010, 07:17 AM

Thanks fingerprint_me. Appreciate the feedback- we're excited to view it to. Anyone know about the elementary schools nearby? Any advice on the public ones?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default That is zoned for Lely Elementary

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanamist View Post
Thanks fingerprint_me. Appreciate the feedback- we're excited to view it to. Anyone know about the elementary schools nearby? Any advice on the public ones?
Not good. It's a Title 1 school and last I heard had a C ranking. The better public schools are more north of that area.

Just my 2 cents. If you like the Verona Development, there is another one in North Naples around the Vanderbuilt Beach area. Sorry, I don't remember what they call it. It has the same amenities. If you have kids, that one probably would be a better choice. The schools in that area are a lot better.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:55 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,788,532 times
The one in North Naples is Island Walk. It is a few years older but the same basic design. They are both decent communities. As with any HOA you should check out the community rules and restrictions. Some are stricter than others.

Follow TAN's advice about schools. She works for the school system.

Verona Walk is a few minutes form I-75. It is about 20-30 minutes to the beach depending upon traffic and parking.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:00 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
We used to live in a condo in South Naples. Even though we are empty nesters, I found we spent most of our time driving north to do anything; shopping, restaurants, etc. Yes, living in a self contained development may be nice, but if you want to go to a restaurant, or shop, you will be driving NORTH. How much can you shop at Walmart or go to Carabbas?

If you have a family, North Naples is the better place to be; much more family oriented. As I said before, the schools in South Naples are not very good. When we lived in the condo in South Naples, we had a neighbor with children who was constantly asking me if I could "pull strings" and get her kids out of Manatee Elementary and Lely HS. I couldn't. The school situation is very much in flux now. Naples is choosing to ignore the state mandate for lower class sizes and pay the fine. Children would have to be bused to comply with the lower class size standards. The schools with the fewer students are all in South Naples. I live in an area now where the kids were to be bussed. Parents have demonstrated against having their kids bused to these lower performing schools. Last I heard, they are going with status quo and paying the fine until the November ballot to eliminate the lower class size mandate. Yes, there is school choice, but right now it is probably moot.

My advice would be look into Island Walk. I have neghbors who moved to a development off Vanderbuilt Beach Road who are avid beach goers. It is just a straight run west to the beach. Probably a lot closer than going north and west from Collier Blvd. in South Naples. MAJOR plus, it is a more family oriented area and the schools are so much better than South Naples.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM

Hi all, we are going to rent in VeronaWalk for a year and while renting, look at locations NORTH to buy. That gives us the flexibility to scour the area and find the ideal location for us. As for location of VeronaWalk, I get that it is south, but for my husband's commute, back EAST on 75, it is ideal and I really like the community. One year to look North and then we can move. Thanks for input, Tanaples- really appreciate the advice!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: