U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 07:46 PM

15 posts, read 53,051 times

Advertisements

Curious to know some community feedback about an area of Naples which is centrally located and surrounded by pricey homes but relatively under-priced.

I'm speaking of the little neighborhoods between 41 and Goodlette from Coastland up to Pine Ridge. Surrounding areas (Moorings, Park Shore, Pelican Bay, Pine Ridge, etc) are each relatively more expensive.

When prices rebound (which they will, eventually) will this area "gentrify" as people remodel/tear down homes (a lot of which are similar to what existed west of 41 in the 1960s/70s) in this area close to the Gulf, shopping, etc? I know new > old when it comes to pricing, but a lot of central areas were built in the 80s and 90s and soon enough that's 20-30+ years old so that will all even out. Some of the blocks are nicer than others. How is the crime? Noise? Traffic? Snowbirds? Any info/history is appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 04:35 AM

3,333 posts, read 7,330,647 times
Can you provide some street names where you are looking?

Overall that area is safe but there is a fairly large pocket you'll need to avoid.

I have no idea if it will "gentrify".

Traffic will be brutal in the winter. There aren not a lot of snowbirds there but you are right next to them

Old 09-01-2010, 05:04 PM

15 posts, read 53,051 times
Well starting from Pine Ridge and working down, there are two adjacent subdivisions the first one I don't know the name, the second has gates labeled Westlake. Looks like some of the homes were remodeled and the yards are ok, others have 4 trucks and look grungy. There's at least one McMansion there too. I'm guessing they are decent? Not sure.

Next section, where Granada passes through looks pretty sketchy. Below that is a small area at the crossing for Morningside which at only two streets, looks decent.

Shady Rest is not single family, the Solana to Michigan seems sketch. Then Michigan to Wisconsin looks decent (I had a friend whose parents had a place there about five years ago). From Highpoint down to 28th N seems condo/sketch. Then parts of 26th N to the high school look okay.

So, which areas are best? what are the areas to certainly steer clear of? Plus, from what I've read in the Naples Daily News and heard from locals, I'm not sure I'd agree having a lot of cops in the neighborhood is a good thing.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 AM

3,333 posts, read 7,330,647 times
You are exactly right on your assessments.

Westlake is OK. Stay away from anything near Alahambra. If it looks sketchy it is-but differentiate that from simply old.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 PM

340 posts, read 991,759 times
That area is a nice area and a great location, some of the houses are older and need some loving, but they all are in an amazing location half way between ole Naples and North Naples.
If you can find a good deal in that area I don't think you can lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples