U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 01:51 PM

159 posts, read 524,517 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have lived on the east coast of fl (broward county) most of my life. Sometimes I wonder about moving to another place. It would be a few years down the road though. I am married and my wife and I are planning are first child. I know there are better places than se fl to raise a child.

Is naples one of them?

I run my own home remodeling and repair company. Kitchen, baths, remodels, additions. Is there a market for this business there?

If not running my own business would I be able to find a job doing this type of work?

Does anyone know what the tax/insurance would be like on a $100,000 home?

Are there issues with any sort of crime there?

Any other pros and cons you can think of?

I really appreciate any of your advice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 07:01 AM

3,211 posts, read 7,062,538 times
Naples is a wealthy retirement community run by wealthy retirees and the economy and political machine reflect this. There are plenty of families here who do fine but there are better choices.

Construction here is dead.

Taxes and insurance depend on many factors, especially how far you are from the water. I don't think there are many 100K homes near the water so that is in your favor.

Naples is very safe except for a few areas.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:45 AM

Thank you for your reply. I saw some homes just west of naples in the 100 k range. They were more rural, large lots, on wells/septic.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:15 PM

You mean east of Naples. That would be Golden Gate Estates, where I live.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:42 AM

256 posts, read 693,111 times
Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts. Create a free business profile by going to //www.city-data.com/profiles/add and fill out your forum profile instead. Do not include links to your websites, MLS listings, etc. in your posts. Do not try to push the envelope by attempting to hide your intentions. Do not solicit business by DMs. Show your knowledge about the area and help people and you will get leads naturally. Real estate agents should join the usergroup for them here: //www.city-data.com/forum/profi...editusergroups. It will set your user title and add an icon next to your name, so you will get free advertising with your posts.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:39 AM

LOL... Yea I meant east. Have you lived in golden gate long? Do you like it there? Im not sure why beth mone wrote that?

Old 11-26-2010, 09:52 AM

256 posts, read 693,111 times
There was a Realtor posting rental ads in here. The post has been pulled

Beth

Old 11-28-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk071077 View Post
LOL... Yea I meant east. Have you lived in golden gate long? Do you like it there? Im not sure why beth mone wrote that?
I moved to Naples in 86, Golden Gate City in 88, and the Estates since 2001.

I like it here. You are far from most everything and commuting can be a hassle depending on your situation. OTOH it is quiet compared to Naples. It is almost all residential.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 PM

Thank you for the informative and insightful posts...

Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
We might relocate to Naples. We have 2 kids. One is in Elementary and the other is in Middle school. We love the fact that Golden Gate Estates has huge lots. We don't mind commuting to our jobs. Our concerns would be the School district, how far the hospital/Dr's are, nearest Grocery store, etc.,
Just out of curiousity are there alot of abandoned homes there? We have been noticing alot of foreclosures and short sales in Golden Gate Estates.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: