U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,783 times

Advertisements

Hi, i'm moving to naples at the end of august. I was wondering if someone could make some suggestions of companies to work for. I'm interested in event planning, non-profit, marketing or fundraising.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 AM

8,377 posts, read 29,665,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldy33 View Post
Hi, i'm moving to naples at the end of august. I was wondering if someone could make some suggestions of companies to work for. I'm interested in event planning, non-profit, marketing or fundraising.
Naples has a seriously weak job market. It is mostly a city for retirees. Unless you are into mopping floors or in the medical field, you should look elsewhere. You might want to look into the Tampa area or the other coast (Broward, Palm Beach County). The job market is still weak, but at least there are jobs around.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:38 PM

257 posts, read 1,081,273 times
Agreed, Naples is a place you go to finish out your life with nice weather and no people. ITs not even close as far as commuting to something you could do, If you just move it north to Sarasota you can still have the relaxed life but are able to travel to tampa for whatever needs you have. Naples again is nice but when you are not looking for a job

Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM

172 posts, read 828,851 times
agree with all the above. and naples is actually one of the better cities for the job market in southwest florida. most of the jobs are going to be retail or service jobs.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:19 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,265,283 times
naples is a horrible place to work. market suxs, no offense but for what you can do 10 illegals are willing to do it for 10 bucks less. Go farther north, naples is a town for rich millionares who don't work

Old 07-12-2007, 06:33 PM

16,719 posts, read 36,219,637 times
Is this a done deal? I can't believe someone would move to southwest Florida without a job lined up. And Sarasota is no better either, you have to get up to the Tampa Bay area before you even have a chance of landing something that is not a low-paying retail or restaurant job. We lived in Sarasota for 17 years and we could NOT get good employment in that town - hubby traveled for years to Tampa and we finally moved. Southwest Florida is mostly for older, wealthier retirees, and tourists.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:37 AM

120 posts, read 153,852 times
I disagree with the fact that SW FL has no economy besides service. However, most companies opt to bring workers in from other areas rather than employ people already living here. I would say definately have the job lined up before you come down.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 AM

8,377 posts, read 29,665,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida1 View Post
I disagree with the fact that SW FL has no economy besides service. However, most companies opt to bring workers in from other areas rather than employ people already living here. I would say definately have the job lined up before you come down.
Agreed, but he should still move to a larger Florida metro with less retires, like Orlando or Fort Lauderdale area is jobs are a concern, even though the market still sucks in both of those places. AND he should have his job line up if he moved into those areas. Tampa is actually weak for anything other than call centers, so probably Orlando, West Palm and Fort Lauderdale are his best bets. Miami has some OK work too, if you speak Spanish. Actually, Miami has some potentially great work in marketing if you speak Spanish.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,348,464 times
There are a few companies in Naples/Fort Myers area, but everyone is right the job market there is even more service oriented then the east coast of Florida. There is very little in the way of industrial areas there and I honestly don't know how one can afford to move there or live on a waiter/waitressing or retail job salary.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,557 times
Hello all, I am thinking about to move to snaples but after reading all the threads in here I am not sure if I should be moving to Baton Rouge or Snaples ????? I live in Rochester- Ny ....and would like to have a better job pay and would enjoy warm weather ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples