Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:46 PM

4,792 posts, read 10,617,090 times

Advertisements

Holy Moly!

As a seasonal, part-time/snowbird knucklehead, I look at my zip of 34119
every few days, weather-wise.

Pretty remarkable:
AccuWeather.com - Naples Weather | Forecast & Radar for Naples, FL (http://www.accuweather.com/us/fl/naples/34119/city-weather-forecast.asp??partner=accuweather&u=1&traveler=0 - broken link)

We were there in July '05 to close, and again just pre-Wilma that
year, to paint the interior of the new joint...I realize people get
"used" to it, but I don't miss that kind of temps, humidity, dew points,
etc.

Nice here on the mtn; a NPS shot from a mtn right behind us and at
the same elev. as our summer home, at 5,000 feet:

National Park Service - Air Quality Web Cameras: Grand Canyon NP

Not rubbing it in, but Wow!

Last edited by motordavid; 06-08-2010 at 02:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 05:46 PM

208 posts, read 612,621 times
I am absolutely loving it. I am out in the warmth and sunshine everyday! It is perfect weather. I am so happy we moved here. Every day, I love it more and more.

I asked around to find out what people were keeping there air set at. I am cold whenever I go inside. I keep mine at 80 degrees. I usually cover with a heavy double layer blanket when I watch tv at night. I was so surprised to find that people down here keep there air way cooler...some at 72-74 degrees. No wonder they think it is so hot out. They freeze themselves while inside, then they never want to go outside.

Me, I moved here to be outside. I am loving life!

Old 06-10-2010, 05:32 AM

59 posts, read 218,328 times
Kristin, Good to hear. In NY it was in the 50's the other day and rain. Would love to be in the 80-90 degree range. I would much rather turn the air down then up.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:37 PM

592 posts, read 1,814,854 times
I'm from Naples, but am on Long Island in NY right now. We were just saying that Naples has nothing over Naples in humidity or bugs. It's just as bad here, which is probably why we don't mind Naples in the summer at all. And, oh, those soft, sultry summer nights in Naples are FANTASTIC! Swimming in your pool under a moon on a Naples summer night--so great it must be illegal. :-)

Old 06-11-2010, 03:30 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,547,614 times
In the past month we have spent time in Murrells Inlet SC, Naples FL and Brick NJ. Hot and humid is hot and humid no matter where you happen to be. It has been on the cool side here in Central NJ this week, but was over 90 and humid past weeks this month (when we were elsewhere). Based on this month alone, SC gets my vote for the most unconfortable.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:57 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
Nothing wrong with these temps! I'm enjoying it for the most part. 60's at night and in the early morning, low 80's during the day... oh wait - I live in Asheville NC now!

Hey motordavid! Waynesville's a cool little town! I'm about 35-40 mins away from you!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Hi Mozer!

I miss the MB area. We usually go down to Myrtle Beach the 2nd week in June but we are bypassing it this year to head to Florida next month.

So how is the new boardwalk in MB?

I agree with you, it can get very humid in SC if the breeze is not blowing at all.

You are putting some miles on aren't you?

Com Sense-

I also like the Waynesville area. Really enjoy Maggie Valley!
I do not ever remember being in the mountains and it getting sticky hot and I have been through your area a millions times over the years.
We need to get down your way to Grandfathers Mtn as we have not been there for a few years.

OP- I posted a few days ago that here in Columbus Ohio, the humidity was above 90 while Tampa was in the 50 range.

Weather has been weird for sure all over the US as we have been getting hit with daily storms that usually never happen.

I guess I would much rather be warm and toasty on or near the ocean then sticky hot and humid with no breeze here in central Ohio.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:00 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
^^^

Maggie Valley is a gem, I agree! No, you're right, it really doesnt get that hot and sticky up here in the mtns. Which I'm enjoying!

Old 06-15-2010, 05:16 AM

136 posts, read 418,095 times
Motordave- The people that live here & arent snowbirds, that is why we moved here I guess. I know we came from Philly area & Im sure glad we didnt have to endure that nasty winter they just had. Its def hot, but hot is good.
Kristin- I set my air at around 77. 76 when Im doing alot of yardwork & am coming in & out of the house : )
As far as the beaches, I wouldnt trade these beaches in the summer for anything.....NO crowd, its sooooo nice!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:27 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
I'm leaving for Long Island in 2 days. I cannot wait. This is WAY too hot for me. Supposed to be around 80 while I am there, but I will be there for 3 weeks so hopefully it will cool down. It won't have the miserable humidity we have here though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: