Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 07:50 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times

Advertisements

I think this is social suicide for me, but I may have a great job offer down there. I'm 42 with no kids, but looking for someone I could marry and start a family with. I assume Naples is probably the worst place to find that. Thoughts? Should I sacrifice a personal life for my career?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 07:38 AM
npz

208 posts, read 323,439 times
Personally, I don't think a move to Naples is either social suicide or a sacrifice of a personal life. I think Naples is a great place for any age, and I certainly don't think Naples is as "old" as the traditional stereotypical view makes out.

I think the problem you may have is if you actually believe what you posted on the Fort Myers forum, which was "I may take a job in Naples, which evidently sucks."

I love Naples, I love living here, and I am not of retirement age. Just my opinion though...

Old 05-06-2011, 08:17 AM

256 posts, read 745,468 times
Naples is an incredible place to live. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather live.

Beth

Old 05-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npz View Post
Personally, I don't think a move to Naples is either social suicide or a sacrifice of a personal life. I think Naples is a great place for any age, and I certainly don't think Naples is as "old" as the traditional stereotypical view makes out.

I think the problem you may have is if you actually believe what you posted on the Fort Myers forum, which was "I may take a job in Naples, which evidently sucks."

I love Naples, I love living here, and I am not of retirement age. Just my opinion though...
Than ks for letting me know that. I've read some different things, but I'm sure I can make it work. Rebuilding my career is the most important thing right now anyway.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:28 AM

4,788 posts, read 10,608,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Than ks for letting me know that. I've read some different things, but I'm sure I can make it work. Rebuilding my career is the most important thing right now anyway.
You basically answered your orig question, imo...

As for "social", don't know your personal details, and sort of doesn't matter: if career is important, and the 'Naples situ' offers a good opportunity, then that is the real issue.

'Relationship(s)' can be found no matter where one resides, imo. And, many come from work situs, so you never know what you may find in Naples, or Toledo, or ATL...
My 50cts.
GL, mD

Old 05-10-2011, 09:44 AM

592 posts, read 1,814,082 times
You can pursue so many interests, join so many clubs, and go to so many drinking places on a Friday and Saturday night that you're bound to find women if you seriously want to here in Naples. There may be a shortage of rough types, but if you're looking for a classy, well groomed, and working one Naples is an excellent place to find one!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:22 AM

A shortage of rough types? Thats a good thing! I'm looking for what you described. Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples