U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM

186 posts, read 447,779 times

Advertisements

Visited Naples a few weeks ago, and honeslty didnt have the best luck with finding a good restaurant. On our last night we walked downtown on fifth and walked into an Italian place where the service was awful!! No wonder it was empty. Anyway, can you suggest any mid to upper priced places either Naples or on Marco Isl, which is where we will be staying. to try. We are looking for 1) a FRESH sushi place (no supermarket quality) 2) Italian 3)American fare. We find the locals always know best and would prefer to stay away from the chain restaurants. No need to suggest steak houses, we noticed there were plenty of those. Thanks in advance for your information.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 02:38 PM

256 posts, read 708,248 times
Try Campiellos on 3rd St South for Italian fare. here's their website
Campiello Naples Italian Restaurant on Third Street South
Excellent food, great atmosphere.

good place to eat.

Beth

Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 PM

592 posts, read 1,732,459 times
If you're in the mood for a relaxing little place on a hidden natural pond in Marco Island with good food and extremely nice service there is a restaurant I highly recommend by the name of "Casa Mia". It is located on the property of the Lakeside Inn and I'd advise that you call them for directions, (239) 642-5253, because it's quite something to find, but well worth looking for. Reservations are probably a good idea on the weekend.

They don't really have a website of their own, but do have a page on The Lakeside Inn's site: Marco Island Florida Italian Steakhouse Restaurant Casa Mia (http://www.marcoislandlakeside.com/casa-mia-italian-steakhouse-restaurant-marco-island-florida.html - broken link)

Please don't go by the photos shown there, however. They don't come close to doing it justice, because the pond front view is extremely pretty and very peaceful with birds, turtles, ducks, etc. to watch on the lake as you eat your dinner. There are indoor window seats overlooking the lake as well as tables on their screened deck, so it's easy to have a nice view. Although it says "steakhouse" in the description we've never even had steak there. We always go for the delicious Italian food, so don't be thrown off by that. My husband and I highly recommend it! We were just there (we live in Naples) last night, in fact.

Enjoy your visit! The weather's great!!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 5,491 times
I would highly recommend A Table Apart on Bonita Beach Road. Simply fantastic. We took our Chicago friends there last friday, and we all had one of the best meals in our lives.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Thanks for your suggestions! I am really anxious to be back there soon! Anyone else??

Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 AM
npz

208 posts, read 291,441 times
We had a really great meal at Sea Salt on 3rd St recently. The food and atmosphere were great, good live music. My only caveat was dessert. After an outstanding meal, the desserts, which were for the most part outsourced, were disappointing and did not live up to the rest of the meal.

I would definitely go back though.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:20 PM

8 posts, read 27,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball2 View Post
I would highly recommend A Table Apart on Bonita Beach Road. Simply fantastic. We took our Chicago friends there last friday, and we all had one of the best meals in our lives.
A Table Apart in Bonita Springs is great - I will second that.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 PM

3,979 posts, read 9,847,293 times
Here are some places I have eaten and enjoy. Gramma Dots for lunch on Sanibel. The Bubble Room, Captiva. Prawnbroker, Ft. Myers. Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Ft. Myers.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:18 PM

21 posts, read 36,253 times
I just tried an Italian restaurant called Vivi, and it was delicious! It's at the Coastland Center right across from Cheesecake Factory. I would definitely recommend it.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for anything (besides what has been mentioned already) right within Marco Island? I do not want to travel to Sanibel, or Bonita Springs, etc. Are there any "special occasion" places you could recommend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples