U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 11:48 PM

4 posts, read 8,574 times

Advertisements

I will be going to Naples in 2 weeks to look at some condo's. Some of the condo's that I have looked at on the internet are pretty inexpensive, are these areas bad?
1. 4631 Bayshore Dr.
2. 4924 Hawaii Blvd.
3. 2171 43rd St
4. 4914 Catalina Dr.
5. 1304 Wildwood Lakes Blvd.
6. 108 Santa Clara Dr.
7. 4290 Gulfstream Dr.
8. 2005 Rookery Bay Dr.
I'm a white male, 45 with a Philippino girlfriend. Beach bum time. Blonde hair and blue eyes. Love to bike, jog and exercise. Laid back.
Please respond ASAP if you can. I wll be there on April 18th.
Thank You
PS. I'm in Alaska right now, have been for 15 years. Before that, I lived in Miami-Miami Beach for 17 years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 11:16 PM

102 posts, read 242,455 times
Hi DutchHarbor! I wouldn't say they are BAD, but they are not the super-manicured gated type of place and it's a mixed bag of retirees and lower income. I wouldn't feel unsafe.

I posted this on another thread, which gives you raw data on what's going on around a specific address: Community Policing & Neighborhood Crime Statistics | CrimeReports.com so you can see the incident reports.

These condos are all in East Naples. A few are older apartment complexes that went condo during the boom. I happen to like this location because real estate is a little less expensive but you can still be 2-3 miles from downtown 5th Ave. I'm just not crazy about the area off Hawaii. Rookery Bay Dr. location is well maintained and nice people there (except the registered sex offender.) You can get some killer deals, I have seen some bandit signs lately - one for a Gulf Winds East condo for $29,000! Granted it said handyman special, but WOW.

Hope this info helps! Alaska to Naples would be a big change!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:59 PM

4 posts, read 8,574 times
Default Looking at Condos in Naples

Thank you Beckford for your response. Like I said, I'm a pretty healthly type of person. I don't have any children, so I'm not to worried about sex offenders. We have quite a few of them hiding out here in Dutch Harbor Alaska. This would also mean that I'm not to concerned about the school system. I have spent a lot of time in the Philippines and Jamaica, so I'm used to being around different types of lower income people. I will be moving back to Florida as a somewhat semi-retired person. I can always go back to Alaska for a few months each year if I need extra money.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:56 PM

3,160 posts, read 6,889,234 times
Beckford is correct. Those are all older areas with mixed middle class and lower income.

1. 4631 Bayshore Dr. No. Stay away from Bayshore unles it is in Windstar. If you are at this price point you can't afford Windstar.
2. 4924 Hawaii Blvd. This is a good spot in a good area.
3. 2171 43rd St Look closely at this neighborhood. Golden Gate City is mixed. Decent middle class to ghetto one street over.
4. 4914 Catalina Dr. Mixed older area. So-so.
5. 1304 Wildwood Lakes Blvd. Good in a decent area.
6. 108 Santa Clara Dr. Mixed. Elements of ghetto in this large complex.
7. 4290 Gulfstream Dr. Same as Catalina.
8. 2005 Rookery Bay Dr Mixed. So-so.

Most of these places were apartment complexes that converted to condo during the boom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples