U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:55 PM

256 posts, read 681,845 times

Advertisements

I was referring to Bella Terra
Let me suggest using Google earth to look at neighborhoods, it's a great tool to get an overview of an area.

Beth
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 06:30 PM

114 posts, read 253,944 times
many realtors are pushing bella terra, if they are pushing to buy new i would guess bella terra is paying a nice realtor bonus right now...

Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 AM

3,159 posts, read 6,881,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothesun View Post
Thanks for that Beth - a big mine being near our house is not something I am super keen on - did you mean near Pebblebrooke Lakes and Indigo Lakes or near Bella Tera?

I really do appreciate all the info - these are things realtors are not great at mentioning, and things that can go unnoticed, even when you are on the ground looking, until it is too late.

Thanks again!
Do not worry about the mines or their traffic unless you are their next door neighbor. Those are further east than you are considering anyway.

The closer you are to the coast the more seabreeze you get. I live about 5 miles east of Collier Blvd. in GGE and my car thermometer drops 5 degrees most nights by the time I get home. While cooler temps are attractive, it is offset by higher humidiity and less seabreeze.

Naples was developed west to east and in general prices drop the further east you go. The eastern part is far less touristy and more families although there are still plenty of retired folks.

Your main issue is the commute. The further east you are, the worse the commute-especially in the winter. The area hubby will be working will be jam packed in the winter, as will the roads leading to that area. There are few businesses in the eastern end so rush hour is east to west in the morning and he'll be in that if he has conventional hours.

He can certainly make the commute-many people do it. You just have to accept the parameters that go with it.

All of those housing areas in Naples are nice places. I know little about Estero except it is mostly safe gated communities.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:22 PM

4 posts, read 11,313 times
Hi, we are in a similar situation......relocating to Naples from MN and trying to find a family friendly neighborhood with good schools. I am a nurse and have taken travel assignments in Ft. Myers before. I would not recommend living there with children. I could not believe the crime not to mention the schools in Lee County. That being said, I would reconsider Bella Terra. We have looked there at homes, they are nice, but it is far from the beach and it is in Lee County.
We have also found that it is also really hard to find a newer house in the $250k price range close to the beach. There are older homes in that range, but they are usually smaller. Also keep in mind that if you live in a non-gated community anything goes, for example a mobile home could be parked next to your house. If you have not done so already, you may also want to refer to the Florida Dept of Corrections sex offender locator while home searching. There are many registered sex offenders in the Naples Park & Golden Gate areas. After months of researching and good advice I received on this forum we decided we are going to rent first for the first year or two. We have narrowed it down to 2 communities; Island Walk & Verona Walk. Both are gated and seem to be family oriented. Lots of biking/running trails within the community. Having a safe place for kids to bike and for me to run is important. Their activities schedule is amazing as well as all the amenities. Verona Walk is further south, but we do a lot of boating and like the location b/c it is close to Marco and also close to where we both will be working. Plus, it is newer and the homes a little more spacious. Also, Lely Elementary is 1 mile away and that is an A rated school. I guess it all depends on where you have to commute to. Good luck in your searching

Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 PM

103 posts, read 402,236 times
My concern about Lely school zone area would be the middle and highschool. Don't know much about the middle school, but have heard enough through the years about Lely High that it would be a concern of mine. Maybe someone out there has actual , recent experience with these schools though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples