Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:55 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,933,216 times

Advertisements

That naples didn't do anything for Labor Day.. Not a parade, not one even like a cook out somewhere. Nothing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 11:41 AM

10,195 posts, read 6,264,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
That naples didn't do anything for Labor Day.. Not a parade, not one even like a cook out somewhere. Nothing..
It's not SEASON.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It's not SEASON.
God forbid the locals get anything out of the taxes we put in!

Old 09-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,522,802 times
Retirees don't celebrate Labor Day.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:14 AM

4,782 posts, read 10,563,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Retirees don't celebrate Labor Day.

Well said, as Everyday is Saturday to us RetiredBums...

Seriously, does the OP feel that the local/county levels of gov't need to 'put on' a parade or group bbq, to denote 'Labor Day'? A quick peruse of the Naples Daily News showed several types of gatherings, functions, outdoor activities, for those inclined to spend any day of the long weekend, outside in the high ambient temps.

I appreciate everyone that is 'working', and hope those seeking employment in these very tough times, find a job...but, 'Labor Day', other than an 'end of summer' 3 day weekend, has lost much of it's sketchy original intent, imo.
GL, mD

Old 09-06-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post

Well said, as Everyday is Saturday to us RetiredBums...

Seriously, does the OP feel that the local/county levels of gov't need to 'put on' a parade or group bbq, to denote 'Labor Day'? A quick peruse of the Naples Daily News showed several types of gatherings, functions, outdoor activities, for those inclined to spend any day of the long weekend, outside in the high ambient temps.

I appreciate everyone that is 'working', and hope those seeking employment in these very tough times, find a job...but, 'Labor Day', other than an 'end of summer' 3 day weekend, has lost much of it's sketchy original intent, imo.
GL, mD
This town isn't just about retirees, well it seems to be and that is the problem and why a lot of people leave. I looked at the events page, there was a stitching and quilt making class I could take.. Dunno what my daughter would do, sit and watch maybe. This place is not family oriented at all . Even in season its not about what families can do its what can the old people do. Art art art .. thats about the only types of entertainment this county puts on.. Art shows. Tons of them.. its sad.. other places do have parades and events for people and families to attend to get to know their neighbors and people in the community. Seems people here in naples are more than happy to sit in their own bubble of holier than thou-ness.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:34 PM

10,195 posts, read 6,264,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
This town isn't just about retirees, well it seems to be and that is the problem and why a lot of people leave. I looked at the events page, there was a stitching and quilt making class I could take.. Dunno what my daughter would do, sit and watch maybe. This place is not family oriented at all . Even in season its not about what families can do its what can the old people do. Art art art .. thats about the only types of entertainment this county puts on.. Art shows. Tons of them.. its sad.. other places do have parades and events for people and families to attend to get to know their neighbors and people in the community. Seems people here in naples are more than happy to sit in their own bubble of holier than thou-ness.
I totally agree with you. It is very, very sad. Naples is only meant for rich retirees, and snowbirds. This place doesn't give a damn about families, or year round residents who aren't rich and retired. As much as I don't like this state, I have lived in another area of Florida, and it wasn't like this at all.

Why anyone with a family, and in need of a job, would want to move Naples, is beyond my comprehension. Find someplace else.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I totally agree with you. It is very, very sad. Naples is only meant for rich retirees, and snowbirds. This place doesn't give a damn about families, or year round residents who aren't rich and retired. As much as I don't like this state, I have lived in another area of Florida, and it wasn't like this at all.

Why anyone with a family, and in need of a job, would want to move Naples, is beyond my comprehension. Find someplace else.
Plus lets face it , fl is a right to work state..so really they don't have to give a heck about their employees.. So why celebrate ?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:49 PM

100 posts, read 328,118 times
That's because Naples is a total bore.... full of boring people who like to do nothing, but sit inside and look outside their windows at a palm tree in their yard.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:48 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,522,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofsunshine123 View Post
That's because Naples is a total bore.... full of boring people who like to do nothing, but sit inside and look outside their windows at a palm tree in their yard.
Really? Not my experience. I have found more things to do in the Naples area than anywhere else I have live. I have also found more friends in Naples than anywhere else to do those things with.

But either way, at least we don't have to "dream of sunshine". We have it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples