Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM

124 posts, read 305,759 times

Advertisements

Whooohooooo....Naples is moving on up in the world!

Trader Joe's coming to Naples » Naples Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,293,349 times
I just saw the article and was going to post too. YAHOO!

The article doesn't say when exactly.
I hope it's early enough in "season" to draw some out-of-town "snowbirds" and their very heavy wallets.
I want to be there Grand Opening Day!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,837 times
Store employees wear Hawaiian-themed shirts, as “traders on the culinary seas.”

I'm ready for some part-time employment. Could this be the place??

Old 09-08-2011, 12:51 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,544 times
I hope they bring a Trader Joe's to Miami!!

Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
Hurray cause we don't already have a Publix, Sweetbay, Whole Foods, Wynns, Walmart, Target, Greenwise, Fresh Market etc.. How many food places can sell the same foods. Its quite ludicris really. On just the square route of Vanderbilt 41 airport and pine ridge rds I can hit 3 publix's, a sweetbays, whole foods, greewise and walmart food store. There's less than 15 mins between any of the given stores.

Are we all that hungry? There aren't THAT many people in Naples, we just need to be spoiled and say we have more than anyone else.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,610,355 times
Have never been in a TJ's, since we moved from NY a decade ago, a few years before they got 'there'...I will be curious to check it out, but for 'regular shopping', a 20-30 min trip to that location, is not high on my list.

I tend to agree with SB that there are already dozens of grocery joints in Collier county, all trying to distinguish themselves from each other, mostly to little avail. But, competition is good, and I wish we had more choices here in our summer Mtn joint area, where Ingles of all places, is the area's 400 lb gorilla, and would not survive a season in Collier county.
GL, mD

Old 09-08-2011, 05:38 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
I like how its opening also right across the street from publix, across from walmart which will now be a walmart food store also, down the street from whole foods and greewise .. oh and right down the street from sweetbays also..so thats 6 food stores between Immokalee Rd and 41 within 10 mins drive from each other.. My last town didn't even have that many in the ENTIRE town, we topped out at 2 for 35,000 people. We all survived too..weird

Old 09-08-2011, 05:47 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,837 times
It's the same situation where we are presently, Murrells Inlet SC. I could walk, do ride my bike or drive to Lowes Foods, Piggie-Wiggly, Food Lion, Walmart and a couple others I probably forgot. They all seem to have customers. I do like Lowes the best (and ShopRite in NJ), but usually end up at Walmart because I am often looking for more than food. Actually a lot of our food supplies come from the Costco's in all three locations.

I also cannot understand how can so many drug store chains (Walgreens and CVS especially) can survive so close to each others. In North Naples we have two Walgreens within 2 miles of each other on Vanderbilt with matching CVS locations (I believe there is a close-by CVS on 41).

Old 09-08-2011, 07:00 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,400 times
Good! Get rid of Pubelix!

Krogers - please go to Florida too and put Pubelix out of business!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:42 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Hurray cause we don't already have a Publix, Sweetbay, Whole Foods, Wynns, Walmart, Target, Greenwise, Fresh Market etc.. How many food places can sell the same foods. Its quite ludicris really. On just the square route of Vanderbilt 41 airport and pine ridge rds I can hit 3 publix's, a sweetbays, whole foods, greewise and walmart food store. There's less than 15 mins between any of the given stores.

Are we all that hungry? There aren't THAT many people in Naples, we just need to be spoiled and say we have more than anyone else.

You've obviously never been in a Trader Joe's or had their food. Trust me. Your attitude will change drastically once you try some of their samples and see how radically different Trader Joe's is from any other chain store. To mention Target and Walmart in the same sentence tells me you don't even have a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples