Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:35 PM

11 posts, read 45,231 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. You've all been so helpful here on the forum regarding doctor referrals for my family since we moved here. (moved from Indiana about 4 months ago) Therefore, beings that I am now looking for a new OB down here, I thought I'd come here and ask all of the women who frequent this board. I believe I'm pregnant and expecting my third child. I need to get in with an OB as soon as I can. However, I'm clueless on what OB doctors are great around here and if there are any which I should stay away from. Can any of you give me some names to contact in this field? I reside in North Naples so I'm definitely looking for a doctor located in the Naples area.

Thanks in advance. Any help or input is greatly appreciated.
Blessings, Angie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 07:08 AM

103 posts, read 432,716 times
Dr Heitman, Dr. Crandall, SR., Dr. Brothers (female), Dr. Louis Foley, DR. Beckett, Dr. Gauta. As an Ob nurse of many years here- those would be my top picks. It just depends on your insurance situation. Good luck to you. Maybe I'll run into you at work in 9 months!

Old 05-01-2010, 07:17 AM

11 posts, read 45,231 times
Thank you so much "cicilyb." Your names you gave are very helpful. Would you say that Dr. Heitman is your favorite then? Your #1 choice if you had to pick out of those names? If not, then who would be your #1 choice.

I saw Dr. Blane Crandall the other day. Is he the "Sr." you mentioned or is he the Jr.? I loved him but he is out of our insurance network so now I need to find someone else.

Any other details you can give on the above would be great. Thanks for taking the time to respond. It is soooooo appreciated! PS...Which hospital do you work as an OB nurse. I think I will be delivering at the hospital off of Immokalee. (I still get confused on all of the hospitals here. There is one downtown Naples, one off Pine Ridge (Physicians Regional I think), and then the one off of Immokalee) I am clueless on what differentiates the three of them.

Blessings, Angie

Old 05-01-2010, 08:09 AM

103 posts, read 432,716 times
I pulled my comment out of the post and sent you a personal message instead. Best of luck to you on your exciting journey!!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 5,105 times
I went to Dr. Crandall Jr. While I was still living in Naples, he's the best! Very easy to talk to, trustworthy, knows about all the modern technologies and medicines. I felt very comfortable with him and thats saying something because I always told myself that I would never go to a male Gyno!
It is a conciege service, so it's more expensive, but if you can't get out of the house when your too sick, then he'll come to you!
Best Doctor ever!
He's the one in downtown naples

Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 AM

57 posts, read 111,701 times
I like Naples Women Center on Immokalee Rd right next to North Collier..Its a group of OB's and Gyns and some even specialize in certain areas

Old 08-17-2010, 05:19 AM

3 posts, read 21,087 times
I agree with Dr. Heitman and associates...had my children before moving to Naples but have only heard awesome comments about them, mostly Dr. Heitman. A woman who used to style my hair was unmarried and uninsured but Dr. Heitman helped her through the pregnancy on a sliding scale basis of what she was able to pay and he detected a problem towards the end of the pregnancy, delivered the baby a little bit before schedule but basically saved mom's and baby's lives. Wonderful man and gifted physician.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:51 PM

847 posts, read 3,520,291 times
Dr. Louis Foley is the best!!!!!! We moved from Naples in January and I was so sad to leave him. I struggled with infertility and he was so patient and caring with me. He is in practice with his wife, who is a pediatrician so it is a great practice if you have kids or are planning on it.

He is the best doctor I have ever had!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:18 PM

6 posts, read 25,124 times
I also go to Dr.Foley and I agree with what Novanative75 said. he is patient and a great dr.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,333 times
Smile Please advise of any info you might have

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicilyb View Post
Dr Heitman, Dr. Crandall, SR., Dr. Brothers (female), Dr. Louis Foley, DR. Beckett, Dr. Gauta. As an Ob nurse of many years here- those would be my top picks. It just depends on your insurance situation. Good luck to you. Maybe I'll run into you at work in 9 months!

Maybe you could also give me some advise as I also am from the medical
field and have worked for 14 years in NY as a medical assistant in ob/gyn
and am having a difficult time find some good physcians in that field as
well. It seems that there are some Dr's that are not even board certified.
Please advise if you would not mind. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples