U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 PM

3 posts, read 4,503 times

Advertisements

Have been looking on line at houses for sale in Island Walk, Verona Walk ,Village Walk Naples and Village Walk Bonita Springs. Like the idea of walking out my back door and paddling my kayak for an hour in the morning. Would like to know what others think of these places, even if you do not live there. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 04:55 AM

18 posts, read 93,292 times
Hi -- We purchased a townhouse in Village Walk of Bonita in May, 2011. Have not yet had a chance to live there as we inherited a tenant, but we are familiar with the area as we lived in Naples for 20+ years, until October, 2005. With DiVosta communities, you can assume well-built and well-managed.

Don't have my rules and regulations handy, but I don't believe you will be kayaking in the canals. In all the years we lived in Naples, never saw anyone kayaking or canoeing in any of the developer waterways.

There is a reason for that (alligators!). As I understand it, alligators live to be very old and are very territorial. If there EVER was water where there is now construction, you can expect to see alligators at least occasionally. This would include mall parking lots, etc. So far, I've not seen an alligator in the waterways of Village Walk of Bonita, but they were a common site in Lakewood (built in 1970s) and Kings Lake (built in 1980s) in East Naples, and Verona Walk is not far from either of these subdivisions.

Here you go -- a blogger's notes and pix of two alligators in Village Walk of Bonita: http://villagewalkofbonita.wordpress.../03/alligator/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples