Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY View Post
Tripower455, thanks again. BEST route, that's for sure.

We easily reversed your route....Orlando/Naples on Wed. If you drive a silver Camry, we followed you just about the whole way If that was not you, it was nice to see someone else has it figured out.

Returned to Orlando today with no problem. Heard on the way home about a serious accident on I-75 around Tampa which was still not cleared after 4 hours. Wow.

Readers: Highly recommend this Naples - Orlando drive!
Awesome! Glad I could help. I think with the popularity of GPS, that more folks are figuring out this route.

No Camry for me... I drove up to MCO yesterday in my daughter's Sequoia. Not too bad of a drive, but Winter Haven tested my patience a bit.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 01:17 PM

68 posts, read 211,136 times
Well there's really only two routes.. The boring old I-75 and I-4

OR go through central FL up the US17, which has now become my preferred route. You get to see a bit on the non-touristy FL. Its less mileage and more enjoyable.. Don't get me wrong its no Cote Du Azur or California Pacific coast, BUT it sure beats the boring old I-75 !

Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMark72 View Post
Well there's really only two routes.. The boring old I-75 and I-4

OR go through central FL up the US17, which has now become my preferred route. You get to see a bit on the non-touristy FL. Its less mileage and more enjoyable.. Don't get me wrong its no Cote Du Azur or California Pacific coast, BUT it sure beats the boring old I-75 !
Definitely..... 31/17 is the most direct route for sure. Faster than 75/4 as well.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 AM

35 posts, read 52,467 times
Default For trippower455

Can you please tell me if there are any elevated highways or bridges on the route that you listed from Naples to Orlando? I have issues. lol Thanks

Old 03-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc711 View Post
Can you please tell me if there are any elevated highways or bridges on the route that you listed from Naples to Orlando? I have issues. lol Thanks

Well, there's the Caloosahatchee. You can cross it on the big bridge on I-75, or take route 80 to 31and cross it on a smaller bridge.

Other than that, I can't think of any large bridges off the top of my head. There are a few small ones on 31 and 17, and there is a short elevated section that crosses a canal on the south side of Winter Haven, but you don't feel any sense of height on them.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:49 PM

Does anyone know if there are any bridges along this route? This would be starting at RSW driving towards Disney World, Orlando. Thanks in advance.

Turn slight right onto Treeline Ave S/County Hwy-885. Continue to follow Treeline Ave S.

Turn left onto Colonial Blvd/FL-884.

Turn right onto Ortiz Ave/County Hwy-865.
Ortiz Ave is just past Colonial Center Dr

Turn right onto Palm Beach Blvd/FL-80.
Palm Beach Blvd is 0.1 miles past Garcia Ave
If you are on Florence Ave and reach Royal Palm Park Rd you've gone about 0.1 miles too far

Turn left onto State Road 31/FL-31. Continue to follow FL-31.
FL-31 is 0.4 miles past Verandah Blvd
Cathy Sink is on the corner
If you reach West Rd you've gone about 0.2 miles too far

Turn left onto Highway 70/FL-70. Continue to follow FL-70.
FL-70 is just past SE Seminole Ave
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites ARCADIA is on the corner
If you are on NE Canal Ave and reach Sunrise St you've gone about 0.1 miles too far

Turn slight right onto E Hickory St/FL-70.
E Hickory St is just past N Rogers Ave

Turn right onto N Brevard Ave/US-17 N. Continue to follow US-17 N.
US-17 N is just past N Volusia Ave

Turn right onto US-17 N/US-92 E/S Lake Shore Way. Continue to follow US-17 N/US-92 E.
US-17 N is 0.6 miles past Brigham Rd NW

Turn left onto US Highway 17 92 N/US-17 N/US-92 E. Continue to follow US-17 N/US-92 E.
US-17 N is 0.2 miles past N 11th St
If you are on E Hinson Ave and reach N 18th St you've gone a little too far

Turn left onto S Poinciana Blvd.

Turn left onto State Road 535/FL-535.
State Road 535 is 0.2 miles past Calypso Cay Way

Turn left onto State Road 535.
State Road 535 is 0.2 miles past Hotel Plaza Blvd

Old 03-10-2014, 02:08 PM

Does US 27 N from Naples toward Orlando leading to 17 N, have bridges? As you can see I am trying to get to Orlando on flat ground, no bridges or elevated highways and completely avoiding I 75. Any help is appreciated. I'm not doing too well driving on highways with panic attacks and prefer to drive on smaller roads which traffic signals. I really do not mind adding time to the trip.
Thanks.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:58 PM

Those directions are far more complicated than they need to be, especially in Arcadia.

You take 31N to 70W, (which is the end of 31). Make a left on 70, then a right at the first traffic light (about 1/4 mile, Turner Rd). Take this to the end, which is SR17 and make a right. The rest look OK.

You're gonna have to cross the Caloosahatchee at some point, regardless of the way you go.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
Those directions are far more complicated than they need to be, especially in Arcadia.

You take 31N to 70W, (which is the end of 31). Make a left on 70, then a right at the first traffic light (about 1/4 mile, Turner Rd). Take this to the end, which is SR17 and make a right. The rest look OK.

You're gonna have to cross the Caloosahatchee at some point, regardless of the way you go.
Really? Please forgive my ignorance, but at what point would that be? I remember years ago we drove the back roads, don't recall a bridge. I couldn't respond back to you in a PM because apparently, I'm only allowed 1 per day. So the only way to go to avoid that draw bridge that crosses the Caloosahatchee is I 75? I hate that I have this issue. I need to look at a map. I was trying to look on google maps and mapquest but they don't say if there are bridges or not and I couldn't tell from looking at the route.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:37 AM

Since the Caloosahatchee goes from Ft. Myers to Lake Okeechobee (it's part of the intracoastal waterway) and the intracoastal goes from there to Stuart, if you drove anywhere north of it, you crossed over it at some point, even if you drove all the way to the east coast and went up from there.

You could take 80 out to Labelle, and then get on 29, but you're still gonna cross a bridge over the Caloosahatchee on the north side of Labelle. No way to avoid it. There are only 4 bridges to cross the Caloosahatchee east of 75 and west of Lake Okeechobee. None of them, including the drawbridge on 31, are very big bridges, for what it's worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples