Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 08:36 AM

147 posts, read 310,702 times

Advertisements

How is the service economy right now? i hear more and more of the rich are moving there. Jobs picking up yet??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 01:26 PM

592 posts, read 1,813,628 times
This thread was begun in 2007, so I don't know if the poster is around to give you an answer or not. I'd answer your question if I knew the answer, but I'm surely not an expert. From what the news reports on the nightly news the hotels, motels, etc. are always crying about not doing a good business. It's impossible to tell what this winter's season will bring until it really gets going, though.

By the end of last season things weren't too good in the services because the oil spill affected the amount of vacationers even though we had nothing from the spill, not even close. And, several storefronts on Fifth Avenue were empty, more than usual were, actually. I see they're all filled and Fifth seems to be thriving so far.

Hopefully someone else can add more to what I've written for you.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 AM

27 posts, read 64,447 times
Default Any changes since original posting

Since the original posting was in 2007, what are the current thoughts on the Naples real-estate market. Still a buyers market?

Old 12-27-2010, 06:51 PM

592 posts, read 1,813,628 times
Yes, yes and yes! I live in a Divosta community and there is an available Oakmont model right now (three BR, 2BA, den, garage) for sale at $299,500. In the heyday five years ago it would have sold for at least $480,000 if not more. We live in their larger model and bought at $530,000 at just this time of year in 2006. Last year when we thought about moving back to LI, NY we were advised to ask $479,000 for our home. This year the same realtor advised our next door neighbor to list theirs (same model as ours , but theirs has a $40,000 privately built and very fancy pool, waterfall and hot tub and is professionally decorated, crown molding and all) at $430,000. They wound up selling it this month for $411,000. I figure after paying their realtor they got in the 300's for it. So, are prices still going down? I have to say a resounding YES!!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,675 times
Naples is paradise, and yes it is expensive and yes millionaires and billionaires live here like they do anywhere else,maybe just more per capita. But you can live here on $750 to $1000 a month rent and live in paradise like everyone else. It is one of those cities where you can. There are places to eat and things to do that cost no more than anywhere else, just in paradise. And the beach is free. So what are you complaining about. Enjoy the fact you are here.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:59 PM

10 posts, read 17,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWalksMel View Post
Naples is paradise, and yes it is expensive and yes millionaires and billionaires live here like they do anywhere else,maybe just more per capita. But you can live here on $750 to $1000 a month rent and live in paradise like everyone else. It is one of those cities where you can. There are places to eat and things to do that cost no more than anywhere else, just in paradise. And the beach is free. So what are you complaining about. Enjoy the fact you are here.

WOW! way to dig up a dead post. Original Post was from 2007 and the last active post on this thread wast was from 3 1/2 years ago.

Let the sleeping dog lie.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:36 PM

6 posts, read 19,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWalksMel View Post

Naples being "Paradise" is totally subjective. Does the following sound like Naples?

Paradise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Paradise (persian: Pardis) is a religious or metaphysical term for a place in which existence is positive, harmonious and eternal. It is conceptually a counter-image of the supposed miseries of human civilization, and in paradise there is only peace, prosperity, and happiness. Paradise is a place of contentment, but it is not necessarily a land of luxury and idleness. Paradise is often described as a "higher place", the holiest place, in contrast to this world, or underworlds such as Hell."

Old 04-17-2014, 07:12 AM

45 posts, read 81,432 times
Heh, guy down the street bought his house for $420k and got FHA financing for $412k. I had no idea that was still possible. Vive la bubble!

Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 PM

140 posts, read 288,088 times
I have been checking crime maps for Tampa and Naples, why are there so many more sex offenders in Naples? Is it because people are older and had that many more years on this planet to commit a crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples