Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:39 PM

114 posts, read 278,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicilyb View Post
Maybe this will help- We drive a 20 gallon SUV that costs close to $80.00 to fill with current gas prices, our home is right around 2,000 sq ft and with FPL budgeting, we pay around $135 /month year round for our electric, our water bill/public utilities bill runs between $80-90 month (our sprinklers are on a well vs city water, thank goodness) our house was built in '71 and after a wind mitigation inspection our property insurance is $1,600/year, for 2 cars that are 4 year old Chryslers - we pay $594 /6 months, our property taxes are about $1,700/year, we live in North Naples right in the middle of everything and do not live in a gated community and we do not have any HOA fee's, activites that we have had our kids involved in at parks and recreation usually cost about $90 for 2 kids for 6 week sessions. Just to add to this- I am a part time nurse and my husband is in sales for a beverage distributor. We are not high income people....just average. We live comfortably. Of course- when we bought our home almost 10 years ago, we didn't didn't want to be "house poor" - so we kept this in mind when looking fo a home for our family. With the current realestate prices, you can get a home for close to what they were selling for 10 years ago. I THINK I covered most of the usual BIG expences.
Not sure if you have kids to worry about -but- I just thought of somethng to add- you get free beach parking at all Collier beaches if you are a resident. The Sun n Fun Lagoon cost $198/year for a family, there is free bowling (pay only shoe rental) at all of the bowling alley's, all summer , and $1.00 movies 2 mornings a week at Hollywood 20. Germain Arena also has good deals on iceskating and Naples Zoo is free I believe all year to kids on the first Saturday?? of every month. So there are many affordable options for kids.
I hope some of this helps- let me know if you think of anything.
great info! that really helps..we are moving to Naples this Saturday...Would be interested in any other resources or info on summer things to do in Naples, especially family orientated! thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,900,552 times
Yes very good info. I would add that hikes maybe coming as there has been a trend in several of these. Also it cost about 400-600 per car you reg initially w/ everything added up. I am still unsure of whether the 225 initial reg is per car or owner. Also beware of HOA fees, usually 200-600 monthly range.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 AM

76 posts, read 187,819 times
The $225 initial registration is per car, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples