Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:05 AM

140 posts, read 288,226 times

Advertisements

Where is the Estates? We are thinking about moving to Naples, is there anywhere two pet ducks would be ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM

376 posts, read 1,809,505 times
Default the other side of the story

My HOA has very reasonable rules, but yes, I would agree that most of the planned communities do not take children into consideration, particularly the older ones. Take into consideration that most condos/HOAs have a high density in a small area and problems are bound to occur. But I have to say a word in favor of HOA's. I purposely bought into where I live because I read the rules prior to and felt they were very liveable and represented the lifestyle I live.

The HOA duplex next to me has 2 out of state absentee landlords and they have had some awful tenants. For example. Renting to 2 people (So the landlord thought) and 12 people (unrelated) and 8 cars inhabit the property. Tenants who think feeding feral cats is good -- to the point where they have overrun the neighborhood and getting them removed is becoming a full time job for Animal Control -- Drunken, foul mouthed screaming fights between the women tenants in the two units in that building. Drunken fornicating on the lawn in full view of neighbors -- (yes that IS what I said -- there's a sight I wish I never saw, but the dog was barking furiously so I looked out the window.....)

There have also been some great tenants, some with kids, who I enjoyed thoroughly and was sorry to see move out, BUT I am very glad I live in a HOA that enforces its laws and will evict tenants promptly who don't comply.

I will never understand why grown adults think the rules apply to everyone else EXCEPT THEMSELVES.

Last edited by mytimenow; 04-24-2012 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: left out some details

Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capenewfs View Post
Where is the Estates? We are thinking about moving to Naples, is there anywhere two pet ducks would be ok?
East of Collier Blvd. No one would likely notice the ducks if you have a fence.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:14 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,090,042 times
FWIW, I live in the estates, and west of 951..... My neighbors have chickens too!

Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
FWIW, I live in the estates, and west of 951..... My neighbors have chickens too!
You are correct. I was referring to the bulk of the estates.
GGE zoning extends all the way west to Logan and parts of Livingston.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,150 times
This is what everyone needs to understand about HOA..These communities are not rental property although families may be renting. Families move here from the North and do not understand that HOA communities have RULES. The 2 biggest problems are people walking their dogs and not picking up after them and Parking. My community will call Collier County code enforcement for people not having dogs on leashes and not picking up. Every decent community here have parking rules and this is the reason..the builders did no make provisions for guest parking. They made sure every possible number of units were built but did not care about guest parking. Therefore parking rules are strictly enforced in my neighborhood. The real problems are out of state landlords who rent to horrible renters. People need to understand that HOA communities have bylaws, rules and protect everyone
My community has had serious problem with teenagers whose families are renters, the best was a new family in the community and their 14 yr old daughter and 2--19yr old males werer smoking pot in our spa after dark and a deputy was riding thru and smelled pot from the street and arrested all 3.
Needless to say the girls' family did not have their lease renewed. YES the community has the power to cancel and not renew leases.
EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT HOA's ARE ABOUT

Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,090,042 times
Quote:
EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT HOA's ARE ABOUT
Definitely.....

As a hobbyist, I couldn't believe some of the ridiculous HOA rules when I moved here from NY in the mid '80's. I guess some of them are needed when your house is 3 feet from your neighbors, but geez......

Thankfully, I was able to experience the HOA lifestyle vicariously through friends, and was able to avoid it entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: