U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 PM

8 posts, read 17,084 times

Advertisements

I know Naples is known for its retirees. So I'm looking for areas where younger people tend to live. I'm a college student and have a internship this summer in Naples. Right now I'm beginning to look for housing and just wondering where areas should I stick too. I'm don't mind missing out on a nightlife but meeting other similarly-age people would be nice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM

3,211 posts, read 7,059,822 times
Unless you have a lot of cash you are going to be in an apartment. They have the younger people living there-basically any of the apartment complexes.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Unless you have a lot of cash you are going to be in an apartment. They have the younger people living there-basically any of the apartment complexes.
Actually now that I'm thinking about it. Do apartments even have short term leases (3 months). I may to have sublet. I've been looking at the available sublets from and they all seem to be condos.

Are they any parts of Naples that seem to be more youthful?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revobytes View Post
Actually now that I'm thinking about it. Do apartments even have short term leases (3 months). I may to have sublet. I've been looking at the available sublets from and they all seem to be condos.

Are they any parts of Naples that seem to be more youthful?
I don't think you'll find an apartment on a short term lease. You might be able to get an off season condo for the summer.

There are no "youthful" parts of Naples. The working class folks are in the eastern areas like Golden Gate City or Golden Gate Estates. GG City is mixed in terms of safety but there are not as many retirees there. The Estates is safe but it is all single family homes on acreage which probably won't fit you.

What part of town is your internship in?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 PM

Its north Naples.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Its north Naples.
I would look for an off season condo rental. I would not be hopeful that you could find one in a younger community like you are looking for.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
I would look for an off season condo rental. I would not be hopeful that you could find one in a younger community like you are looking for.
Sorry, what's off season? Is it just referring to the summer months?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry, what's off season? Is it just referring to the summer months?
Yes, the summer months. Generally May-October.

And for your other post-Brittany Bay is a no-no.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM

Do you (or anyone) know whens the best time to look for a sublet? I may fly down to Naples next week to check things out. Otherwise I may have to wait a month since I wouldn't have time until then. But I don't want to be too late. I would need a sublet starting in mid-June

Old 04-26-2012, 03:53 AM

Now-the summer time. The snowbirds are leaving in the next few weeks leaving vacancies.

What is your definition of a sublet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples