U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 03:48 PM

102 posts, read 248,027 times

Advertisements

Stumbled across this today.... thought it was interesting. Hope the link is good.

Millionaires call these towns home - MSN Real Estate
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 04:18 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,708,650 times
I'm definitely not one of them!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:32 PM

4,581 posts, read 9,341,515 times
Two things got my attention:
-Millionaire households: 12,277

My guess is there are more than that, as not everyone that winters in Naples/Collier County is a resident, though many/most are FL 'residents'.

-And, 'millionaires': When I was a good growing up in the MotorCity, a millionaire was an ethereal 'person', none of whom I knew; even ballplayers weren't 'millionaires' in those days.

Today, a 'million' is nice, but it isn't what it used to be. I would not want to be only/barely a 'millionaire', esp if one counts RE.

Hey, B...hope you & S are both doing fine!
BR, mD

Old 09-22-2012, 04:15 PM

3,744 posts, read 7,140,145 times
Its been well known for many many years that Naples harbored and abundance of millionaires. They have the "I expect" attitude to go with it that mostly only money can buy...

Old 09-22-2012, 05:46 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,723 posts, read 5,777,048 times
Well if we had skipped the kids, their college and all the family trips and activities we did, we might be one of them. But I would not change a thing (at least about that). We are lower middle class and still get to live in Naples and enjoy most of the same things the millionaires enjoy!

Old 09-22-2012, 07:06 PM

4,581 posts, read 9,341,515 times
A 'millionaire', as I posted above, is not like it used to be, imo. It is really a dumbed down term these days, esp for many retirees. A couple of paid for houses is a mill plus, even in a fire sale.

And, I disagree with the broad brush generality by Sweetbottoms that, (sic) "They have the 'I expect' attitude to go with it that mostly only money can buy..."

I conduct myself with regard for, and respect for anyone/everyone, unless there is a distinct reason not to.

I have a few friends that are truly 'millionaires', as in $10-$25 Mill+ net worth, and none of them treat anyone like
riff-raff...

Back on topic, all of those usual places listed, with the exception of the AK locations, make sense. But, there are several dozen great areas to live, here in the US, and Naples area is one of them.
GL, mD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: