Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,046 times

Advertisements

I read in the Naples Daily News online that a woman known locally as Pippa (Steinhart) is going to be opening a new business here in town, one in which I have a great deal of experience going many years back, and as the company I am currently employed with seems quite clearly to be going nowhere at a considerable clip and is obviously not the carthorse of my future, I'd very much like to be a part of her new enterprise.

I googled her and she seems to be a socially prominent person with multiple irons in the business fire, quite active in the community, and running in circles quite a bit above those in which I reside. I'd really like to meet her and get a first hand impression of who is going to be running this new business, rather than just blindly applying and hoping for a better job that I'd hopefully be much happier in.

So does anyone posting here know this woman, or how one might contrive to meet her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Any luck ?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Any luck ?
Not yet. I got back onto Facebook and sent her a message, but shortly after that I found out that Facebook is now charging for messages to anyone you don't already know, and if you don't pay it doesn't get there. I'll have to find another way.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:12 PM

112 posts, read 308,542 times
I just sent a message to someone I am not friends with on Facebook and it went through and there was no charge. Did it actually say there was a charge?

Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magemom View Post
I just sent a message to someone I am not friends with on Facebook and it went through and there was no charge. Did it actually say there was a charge?
Check this thread, story was on Drudge Report, verified.

//www.city-data.com/forum/other...-new-post.html

Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
How can they charge u when they don't ask for credit card info upon registration lol? It's a hoax ....http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/tech...hoax-1C6327492

Old 01-15-2013, 08:04 AM

Well they do, and it's been verified. From what I've heard they are only charging when you want to message someone you don't already know, and from what I've read around the web since I came across the story they charge a dollar for most of those, but if you want to message someone like Zuckerberg it's $100.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Well they do, and it's been verified. From what I've heard they are only charging when you want to message someone you don't already know, and from what I've read around the web since I came across the story they charge a dollar for most of those, but if you want to message someone like Zuckerberg it's $100.
I've messaged plenty of people I don't know or haven't friended and never been charged once...butttt I guess if that info is floating around on the net it must be true so I guess I'll have to wait for the bill

Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I've messaged plenty of people I don't know or haven't friended and never been charged once...butttt I guess if that info is floating around on the net it must be true so I guess I'll have to wait for the bill
Well as I understand it, you don't get notified if you send a message to someone you don't know of a fee for it, and if you don't have a credit card linked to your FB account it just goes into a mail folder they would never look in, I think it's called "other."

I tried sending a message to Pippa Steinhart, and never saw any charge notification, but then I never got a reply either. I'm not sure I have all the facts on this, I'm still checking into it.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:10 PM

Well I have finally been able to make contact with Pippa Steinhart, I got a call from her this morning after I found the employment ad for her new shooting range and gun store online. I had sent her my resume and will be interviewing with her tomorrow afternoon. I'm so jazzed!

I have tons of experience in firearms and ammunition production, and hope to contribute greatly to this new enterprise in Naples! Yaaaayyy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples