U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 AM

3 posts, read 5,263 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We recently visited Marco Island and also spent some time in Naples and absolutely fell in love. We are a married couple in our late 30's with a 7 and 5 year old. We currently live in the northeast and looking to purchase a condo in Naples that we can go to visit maybe 4-5 times a year. This would be mostly an investment due to lower housing prices at this point. We would also be open to (not have to) renting it out either short or long term.

We want something that has a community pool, gym and in an area where we could either have a walk or short drive to the beach. Golf or tennis are not important to us. Now as far as price, we would really like to be somewhere between $80k - $125k.

Your input would be greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM

3 posts, read 5,263 times
Since there was 14 viewing this post and not responses I think I figured out why. I meant to ask what communities, complexes, etc. would you recommend to look at and which would you recommend that we stay far away from?

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 AM

112 posts, read 278,901 times
Within walking distance to the beach you would have to seriously expand your price range in Naples. Short drive? In season? Hmmm. We have so much traffic we don't have a thing called a "short drive." lol.
You would probably need to go up on price or give up being close to the beach. If you want to rent it out then you would profit more being close to the beach. Go to naplesarea.com and put in your criteria and see what comes up.
Good luck.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:00 PM

124 posts, read 304,711 times
You could get a nice condo in one of Berkshire Lakes sub divisions, it would definitively be on the higher side of your price range. But they have a pool and so fantastic lakes to walk or ride around. When buying a condo you are going to have to pay the fee's which are normally done quarterly and are around $800-$1000 a quarter, they normally include landscaping, community and pool care, basic cable, pest control and your home insurance. That being said these properties can be rented out for about $1100-$1300 annually depending on view and $2200 a month in season. Berkshire Lakes doesn't have a gym, but there is a fitness center about 5 mins away which is very reasonable.

Good luck

Last edited by The14Homes; 02-28-2013 at 01:57 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 01:20 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,290,758 times
I SECOND Berkshire lakes. NEWCASTLE condos are selling for 80000 circa three bedroom. Berkshire Lakes has hiking trails and has a nice shopping plaza that you can walk to w Publix..Starbucks and a great pizzeria. Golden Gate community park is a minute away w a gym..fitness center...aquatic center..and playground.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:46 AM

3,223 posts, read 7,097,734 times
I agree with Berkshire. You will have to expand your price range to get anything further west. You are on the low, low end price wise with your criteria.

High Point, while nice, is full of snowbirds and retirees and I don't think this is the type of place you are looking for.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 AM

76 posts, read 177,408 times
You mentioned that you had been to Marco Island. If you are open to a condo there, you can find definitely find something in your price range. And everything is close to the beach on Marco With condos just make sure you look into the financials and the condo fees, which can be a little outrageous of course. Just go to realtor.com or naplesarea.com and search in 34145 and a max of $125,000 and there are plenty of choices. I have no idea what the demographics for any specific condo complex are like except that they almost certainly have more retirees than young families.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:32 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,290,758 times
I have cousins in windsor place in berkshire. Absolutely great floor plans..one car garages w extra storage for bikes.. Beach gear....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: