U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 PM

14 posts, read 27,552 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a local place, not a chain, to take my parents to when they visit in October. Fish and seafood, decent quality.

I already have a no on Cracklin' Jacks. Except for their green fried tomatoes, I thought the food was pretty bland and really nothing special. Pretty much everything came from a can as far as my taste buds could discern. Apologies to any Cracklin Jack lovers, just wasn't my cup of tea.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM

3,794 posts, read 7,536,814 times
We like Randy's in Naples Park and Steamers hands down has the BEST clam chowder ever.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM

4,668 posts, read 9,886,304 times
Not in any order:
-Randys on Tamiami Trail south of Immokalee, (but diner like casual)
-Truluck's on 4th Ave Downtown Naples, very pricey but a treat and outstanding quality and presentation, imo.
-Swan River, on Tamaimi Trail about half way south of Pine Ridge/North of Golden Gate...very nice dining, not as pricey as Truluck's, not a diner type joint
-Bayside Grill and Bar...Gulf Shore Rd near Park Shore. A better deal for lunch, and will not be packed in Oct. Have had exc meals there, and some so-so.

There are literally dozens more, but the above are the joints I have eaten in more than a few times.

No restaurant expert, but I do know fish/fish cooking, and imo the quality level at many of the Naples area 'fish' joints can be quite variable from visit to visit, and no joint is 'cheap'.

The Gulf/'ocean' is a mile west, but many of the fish purveyors come from Miami or Tampa, unless the restaurant buyer has a local commercial connection.

October: I understand it's beautiful here that time of year, and certainly won't be crowded. Hope the joints I rec'd are still in biz, then.
My 50 Cts...
GL, mD

Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,397,937 times
Pelican Bend on Isles of Capri.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 AM

124 posts, read 290,009 times
USS Nemo on Tamiami....hands down best seafood in town. I also vote for Trulucks. Both are pricey but you definitely will enjoy the meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples