Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:00 PM

6 posts, read 34,560 times

Advertisements

Fresh Fish Market is excellent. They have fresh seafood - we love their stone crabs. They also have an adjacent restaurants that you can just order your food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:11 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,400,015 times
Goinn from SW Miami to spend a weekend in late October at Marco Island, does anyone here know how The Seafood Restaurants in Goodland are faring these days with the Ecological Mess in the Gulf ??? Same would apply to Everglades City

We always go to Goodland and or Everglades City when in Marco Island, I hope all is OK, any comments are appreciated !!

Tks

Old 09-13-2018, 11:28 AM

331 posts, read 447,645 times
You are going to have to check the internet because many restaurants close right now to prepare for season. We do like the Old Marco Inn on the river. Stan's fish seems all to be fried.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron e wheels View Post
You are going to have to check the internet because many restaurants close right now to prepare for season. We do like the Old Marco Inn on the river. Stan's fish seems all to be fried.

Thanxs...I will and also maybe before even going there on Oct 19th, I will call a couple of the Restaurants there just to make sure.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:33 PM

1,593 posts, read 1,667,314 times
Wynn's Market on 41 near downtown has the biggest and best selection at reasonable prices. Most of the others we tried are high priced and not always good quality.

The cost of fresh fish and seafood in Naples is absurd. We got better quality for far less money in Chicago.

Swan River has good lobster tails, most other places don't.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
Wynn's Market on 41 near downtown has the biggest and best selection at reasonable prices. Most of the others we tried are high priced and not always good quality.

The cost of fresh fish and seafood in Naples is absurd. We got better quality for far less money in Chicago.

Swan River has good lobster tails, most other places don't.
Tks, but our question really revolves in the Area of Whether The Local Seafood is edible or not with the problems of the Red Tide.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:47 PM

192 posts, read 176,699 times
Here's the answer for you. Red tide is along the coast and in the bays. There's no fish in there. Once you get out a few miles into deeper water. (it's 45 to 60 miles to 100' depth) there are bait and fish. Go out a little farther and your off the shelf. it drops off quickly. Grouper snapper dolphin and other good eating fish are out there. Not many commercial fishermen left here as it's a lot shorter run to other places in Florida closer good fishing grounds. The government has imposed very restrictive fishing laws.

Red tide seems to be on the outgo but it takes awhile for the turtle grass to come back and the estuaries and near shore fishing to recover.

Naplesfan

PS Have some fun. Take a charter from Marco to the L tower and catch your dinner.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:24 AM

Naplesfan.... You hit the nail right on the head. Thanks for your information.

I moved out of the Largo/Indian Rocks Beach Area of the Suncoast back in 1968...17 yrs there and maybe just ONCE we had a Red Tide Problem...

Old 09-15-2018, 01:34 PM

331 posts, read 447,645 times
I buy my fresh seafood Naples Fish Market on Collier Blvd. They will fillet them for me and I get to look the fish in the eyes so I know they are fresh. So you get to look at the whole fish before you decide what you want. I was told that these fish come from the keys. We love the fresh shrimp even though the wife doesn't like cleaning them. I also see the prices as being reasonable.

Any place else which is not on the coast with their own marketplace really does not have fresh fish. Maybe not too old, but when you've dined on fresh, you know the difference. Yes, in Michigan, with their own boats, had fresh White Fish and it was as tasty as most fish down here. And you can't beat fresh Lake Perch, which is offered at the Real Seafood Company. So yes, there is excellent fresh water fish (walleye).

Old 09-15-2018, 03:20 PM

18,255 posts, read 8,054,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron e wheels View Post
. I was told that these fish come from the keys.
I see their trucks running up and down the highway all hours....I'll bet business is booming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples