Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 06:10 AM

38 posts, read 35,300 times

Advertisements

New to this site bought a home in golden gate estates this past April.
We now live in New Jersey and in process of a job transfer. Just love the estates . Wanted to know has anyone put up an out building.
Looking at metal buildings 30 X 50 x14 . But would not rule out block construction. Wife does not like me talking about the transfer in case it fails to go through. luck on my side new job would start in January
This form has given me a lot of useful information. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 05:42 PM

331 posts, read 452,724 times
Steel or concrete block are the only way you can go by code. I had the last wood frame pole building 30x40 that could be built in Feb. 2013 in Collier. The codes changed again after that. Built a 30x48 barn in Michigan in 2003 for $14k and $33k in GGE. Both had concrete floors and electric. You need to have at least 1 1/2 acres to put up a outbuilding because of draining requirements.

Good Luck

Old 10-01-2018, 06:11 AM

Thanks so much Ron wind code is 150 we have 2.73 acers so now to find some cash.
Have been spending a lot of time looking on line at metal buildings .
Cheap tube steel ( carport) like and red iron I beam seems like the best choice.
One company General steel has a c channel option might be just what I need.
This is our forever home. still have some years left to work only 59 now.
With any luck my transfer will go through and we can be down full time starting the first of the year.
The 55 Chevy needs a home and so do I . No basement to hide in in Naples.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:32 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,088,965 times
A large workshop has been my dream since we bought our 5 acres in GGE 20 years ago. It'll definitely happen if we stay here, but that's looking less and less likely, unfortunately. I need a 40x80 or so with a 14' door and a lift for all my toys!

Old 10-01-2018, 04:08 PM

Talk about a dream size garage space for all of one toys Have had to pass on so many dealer due to no space. This is why the estates took hold of me finally space land. Only I’ll be broke and can only hope things get better in the Naples area as you reference . Enjoy the toys and have fun. Can’t wait to be back in Naples around the holidays. It’s still a new to us. Remember when? Thanks to both of you for the reply’s. Thought I might have posted a topic of little interest.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:42 AM

92 posts, read 101,522 times
njed59 you sound like my twin, lol. Also 59, retiring soon, and am in the process of buying a home with 2.73 acres as well in GGE. With all the things the missus and I want we will be broke lol.
Fence, pool, "mancave" building.
I'm looking to build a separate building as like a guest house but also one I could use as a home gym, not really much of a workshop guy, though I love cars and plan to get myself a toy for retirement.
All we need are mucho $$$$$!

Old 10-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njed59 View Post
Talk about a dream size garage space for all of one toys.

Yeah, I've got hobby A.D.D., so lots of toys! I started restomodding my '66 GTO in a 2 car garage in Golden Gate City, then moved to a 3 car garage in the estates, and thought I was in heaven. Now the 3 car is busting at the seams, and the only car in it is my GTO! I also reload, fly RC airplanes and have a "dad" classic rock band and the assorted gear required.

Room for a large shop is one of the many reasons we moved to GGE.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:12 PM

66 GTO nice love them . Having space then filling it is a problem I long to have. Big workshop kind of guy here . Trying to build the biggest garage I can afford to. First guest will be the 55 Chevy Gasser crazy old man car. Wife hates it and would not go for a ride to the jewelry store in it. You both seem like my kind of people. got mega millions and Powerball lotto tickets as no one won either . Got the dream part now need the dollars . Plan to look at figures for block construction and red iron building . If all goes well will in Naples full time after the first of the year. Tri is Naples a hot rod friendly place my car is kind of radical with piecrust slicks, Any good cruse nights.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njed59 View Post
66 GTO nice love them . Having space then filling it is a problem I long to have. Big workshop kind of guy here . Trying to build the biggest garage I can afford to. First guest will be the 55 Chevy Gasser crazy old man car. Wife hates it and would not go for a ride to the jewelry store in it. You both seem like my kind of people. got mega millions and Powerball lotto tickets as no one won either . Got the dream part now need the dollars . Plan to look at figures for block construction and red iron building . If all goes well will in Naples full time after the first of the year. Tri is Naples a hot rod friendly place my car is kind of radical with piecrust slicks, Any good cruse nights.
There are a lot of cool cars here, especially in season.

I've kind of lost track of where they hang out these days, as I rarely drive my GTO anymore due to the complete buffoonery on the roads here.

I used to belong to the West Coast Muscle Car club, but let my membership lapse about 5 years ago.

Immokalee Raceway has a test and tune on Friday nights, and sometimes on Sundays.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:21 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,329,532 times
You guys are making me jealous. I'm 54 and have five years to go before I can retire and do the same as all of you. In the DC area I am stuck with a one car garage that I can barely fit between the walls and cars to get a jack underneath them. I can't wait!

On a side note, we have friends in the Naples area and are thinking about taking a vacation down there next year to scout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples