Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 AM

87 posts, read 306,174 times

Advertisements

Just moved to Naples a couple of weeks ago and loving it so far. Can someone recommend a good pediatrician for my kids and primary care for myself and hubby? We live in North Naples. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM

351 posts, read 492,657 times
I am curious to see the responses. We are closing on a house in N Naples tomorrow and will move at the end of this year. We have kiddos needing a good ped too! It is good to see you are 'loving it'. There are so many negative comments on this board that I sometimes question our move. We are coming from MN.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:15 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,547,614 times
I posted a similar request for information and ended up making an appointment with Dr. Dirocco's office found using this link:

Naples Family Doctors - Family Practice near Naples, FL 34109 (Florida)

The appointment is for this coming Tuesday, so I will report on my feelings about the visit.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsam View Post
I am curious to see the responses. We are closing on a house in N Naples tomorrow and will move at the end of this year. We have kiddos needing a good ped too! It is good to see you are 'loving it'. There are so many negative comments on this board that I sometimes question our move. We are coming from MN.
Good luck with the close tomorrow! We're renting right now while our house is being built and should close in February or March. So far it's been great here. Everyone we've met has been very friendly and there seems to be a lot of families. The worst part has been leaving our friends and family in NY. We had a wonderful pediatrician in NY and hope we can find a great one in Naples.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 PM

[quote=tmozer;31935106]I posted a similar request for information and ended up making an appointment with Dr. Dirocco's office found using this link:

Naples Family Doctors - Family Practice near Naples, FL 34109 (Florida)

The appointment is for this coming Tuesday, so I will report on my feelings about the visit.[/quote

Would love to hear if you like this practice or not.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:44 AM

Nyflbound - Are you building in Riverstone? We looked there. Lovely neighborhood, but the build time was out 1 year. We couldn't wait that long so we went with an existing house. It needs some work, but we love the lot and neighborhood.

For me the hardest part of moving is pulling my 3 girls from their schools and activities. My younger two are in an amazing college-prep charter school. We can't afford private school (Ave Marie, for example) so I'm hoping the public school can keep them challenged. My oldest is in a good high school with oodles of lifelong friends. I'm terrified we are making a decision that will negatively impact them.

Moving is emotionally hard. I like hearing you are enjoying Naples.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsam View Post
Nyflbound - Are you building in Riverstone? We looked there. Lovely neighborhood, but the build time was out 1 year. We couldn't wait that long so we went with an existing house. It needs some work, but we love the lot and neighborhood.

For me the hardest part of moving is pulling my 3 girls from their schools and activities. My younger two are in an amazing college-prep charter school. We can't afford private school (Ave Marie, for example) so I'm hoping the public school can keep them challenged. My oldest is in a good high school with oodles of lifelong friends. I'm terrified we are making a decision that will negatively impact them.

Moving is emotionally hard. I like hearing you are enjoying Naples.
Yes, we are building in Riverstone. The hardest part for me too was pulling my kids out of school, especially my son who is in High School. He's gone to school with the same kids for a long time and is very close to them. He has adjusted very well over the past couple of weeks and already has made friends in the development we're renting in. I really didn't think it would go this smoothly. My younger one is adjusting well too. Kids are really resilient. I'm sure yours will be fine too! I think it may be harder on us than it is on them!

Old 10-26-2013, 07:15 PM

Hi Nyflbound,

It's great to hear that the adjustment has gone smoothly for your high school son. We bought in Indigo Lakes. Our teens will be attending the same school. LOL! Per my husband, there are lots of kids in the neighborhood, including girls that look to be our girls' ages.

I do think our kids are more resiliant than we are. We worry about them - they just go out and 'do'. My 15 yr old now is no longer saying 'no' to moving. I think that's a good sign. Maybe she's seeing the inset of winter here.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:21 PM

18 posts, read 31,097 times
Nyflbound: I've read your posts recently and would love to hear more about your experience moving to Naples. We've been on the verge of doing so for about 3 years now. I have a high schooler and two elementary aged children. We have looked in Riverstone and Saturnia. I would love to touch base with you to chat about your experience -

Old 11-04-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisafromNY View Post
Nyflbound: I've read your posts recently and would love to hear more about your experience moving to Naples. We've been on the verge of doing so for about 3 years now. I have a high schooler and two elementary aged children. We have looked in Riverstone and Saturnia. I would love to touch base with you to chat about your experience -

Hi LisafromNY, So far we love it here! It's been almost a month now that we've been here, which I know is a short time but it seems to be very family friendly here. For Halloween we took our youngest to 5th avenue. It was great! She got to dress up and go trick or treating, go in a bounce house, listen to music. There were costume contests for kids, adults and dogs. And yes I'm embarassed to admit it but we dressed up our dog. There seems to be events going on every if not almost every weekend here. The weather has been gorgeous and we are getting out everyday to walk and just spend time outside. My kids have adjusted very well and love the schools. We came from a good school district in NY so I was worried but I'm satisfied with the schools so far. They've helped the kids make an easier transition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples