U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 PM

58 posts, read 109,191 times

Advertisements

We live in. Nj now. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we may have to move from the Garden State. Cost of living is outrageous, taxes are creeping up to 13k this year and people get more rude on a day to day basis... Our quality of life is dwindling.
Married with two children 9 and 6, this may be a good time to pickup and begin a new chapter somewhere else.
My in- laws live in Naples as does a childhood friend. I am a general contractor and specialize in interior design and high end faux finishes... But basically can do it all as far as homes are concerned. Always a hard worker with quality being paramount.
Biggest concern is schooling for our children. We plan to find an home in either Naples or Bonita Springs area and rent for a year before looking to purchase and set up roots.
Because of what we do, we're looking for a somewhat stable population and people that take pride I n thier homes and want to invest in them.
Are we way off base? Should we consider any other areas?
Thank you all in advance and look forward to your comments
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 02:28 PM

124 posts, read 315,213 times
Naples could be a great place for you and your family, House prices are rising again and people are once again investing in their properties. Naples has many million dollar plus homes that the owners want high end finishes, and are willing to pay for what they want.
The schools in Collier have been improving as the years go by, and as a parent of two young boys around the same age as yours, I have been pleasantly surprised with their elementary education so far.
Naples has a lot to offer families;
My standards of living have increased immensely since moving from the UK 10 years ago. I can now enjoy my life and live without spending most of our household income on the ridiculously taxes and high house prices.
You’re always going to get the haters, but at least there aren't as many down here.
Oh and not to forget the sun is almost always shinning, which always makes my day a better one.

Good luck, with your new adventure 

Old 01-10-2014, 12:48 PM

11 posts, read 17,327 times
We just relocated to Naples from the midwest. My biggest concern was finding an area with good schools. If you haven't read about Lee County yet you will want to do so. The school system up there is based on a lotto. Just because you buy a house in a certain area doesn't mean your kids will go to school there.

I did months of research on the topic because the housing is more bang for your buck up there but I couldn't find a decent middle school and high school in the same zone. (I have twin 11 year olds).

My husbands job is in Fort Myers and most of his coworkers live up there and say they haven't had any issues with the school system. I read about people moving out of Lee County to get out of that school system. It's a tough one.

We decided on North Naples because we could get our kids into a highly rated middle and high school. Check out greatschools.org

Also, a big factor in our decision was looking at the crime/sexual offender maps. The further south you go the less there are of both.

We live in a gated community and the kids walk to the middle school (it's just 6 houses down) and the high school is just down the street. Our community if filled to the brim with families (Pebblebrooke Lakes) and we couldn't be happier. (We are having to adjust to smaller yards/closer houses but it really couldn't be a better neighborhood for the kids)

Good luck with your decision, I know how hard it is as I agonized over it for months and months.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, I did tons of research on the different communities as well!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM

87 posts, read 291,531 times
We just relocated to Naples from NY a few months ago. We are in North Naples and are building a home in the Riverstone Community. We are very happy here. I have one child in the high school and one in the elementary school and have had a good experience with both. There is plenty for kids to do here and we love the weather! Most of the homes here are in communities with HOA's so the lawn/landscaping is taken care of and look beautiful. Good luck!

Old 01-12-2014, 05:55 PM

We found a home in Palm River Estates in north Naples. Flying down on the 23rd to check it out

Old 01-13-2014, 06:22 AM

100 posts, read 289,049 times
NJBuddy, does your family have any interest in growing its own food?

Old 01-13-2014, 08:05 PM

Not necessarily .
I'm coming down in the 23rd to look at homes

Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 AM

Found a place in Palm River Estates... Fingers crossed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples