Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:11 AM

55 posts, read 85,680 times

Advertisements

Let me know what brand is being installed. I have quotes on Gulfstream and Rheem. And yes, I make the decision and they'll have it installed in 3 days. Hot tub party at my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 11:36 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
I got an Aquacal. It's sitting in my garage already. I won't be able to install it until next week!

Old 11-01-2014, 11:30 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
I got it all installed, just in time for the awesome cool weather. It was, overall, a piece of cake to install. Moving it (350lbs on the pallet!) from the garage to the pool equipment pad was, as expected, the hardest part and that wasn't even too bad. My son and I used an appliance dolly and while it took a little effort, we got it there safe and sound.

Unfortunately, it was delivered as I was leaving for a 6 day trip, so I couldn't spend too much time with the delivery guy, or I would've thrown him a few $$$$ and had him leave it closer. Oh well.

I had to cut new PVC feed and discharge pipes, as the locations were different than the old ones. The electrical was easy. Ran the conduit with the 220 lines into the high voltage side of the hookup on the heater, 2 hot leads, a few grounds and that part was done. I then hooked up my Aqualink RS4 to it, which was 2 wires. A quick setup to make it work with the Aqualink, and she runs. All told, about 3 hours worth of effort.

The Aquacal is ridiculously quiet! Our old one was louder than most AC compressors and there was no doubt when it was on or off, as you could hear it kick on with that KRAAAAAAANG sound. The pool pump is a lot louder than the new heater. We can't even hear the heater when sitting in the spa. Heck, standing right next to it, the fan is louder than the compressor, in fact, it's hard to tell if it's running without looking at the "heating" light.

I also put in a new spa side switch, as the old one was shot, as well as a new light housing in the spa.

I got mine from these guys AquaCal Pool Heat Pumps - Poolheatpumps.com . I ordered it via their website, late on a Monday night, and had it in my garage Thursday morning. It was drop shipped from the factory in Tampa.

Great folks and I would not hesitate to use them again.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:30 AM

55 posts, read 85,680 times
Thanks for the great update. I'll investigate these guys too. In 6 weeks Naples will be home and in 7 weeks I want to swimming and sit in the hot tub.

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: