U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 07:33 PM

14 posts, read 159,499 times

Advertisements

Greetings City Data Community –

Our son’s wedding is scheduled for June 13, 2015 in Naples. The wedding will take place on the beach with a reception at The Inn on Fifth. Since there will be a fair amount of out-of-town guests, they will be staying at the Inn on Fifth, as well.

As parents of the groom, we will be hosting the rehearsal dinner on Friday, June 12; we’re anticipating 30–35 people. We’re from Michigan and not familiar with Naples. Since many will not be renting cars, we’re thinking a restaurant within walking distance of the Inn on Fifth would be a good idea. We’re also open to renting a coach limo, if places further away make more sense. It seems like there are a lot of restaurants close by, but it’s been difficult to judge if they are the “right place” for a rehearsal dinner. We’ll have a few smaller children in the group.

I thought I would reach out for any guidance/opinions you might have. We plan on being in Naples for a few days in January to visit some venues and make arrangements. Thank you for reading.

Regards,
m-dad
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 11:25 AM

4,561 posts, read 9,259,240 times
You will have many restaurants within easy walking distance of that hotel...
Mid June, most joints will welcome you with open arms. The only condition I can't define is which decent restaurants will have a room to hold ~35 people.

Just some off the top of my head:
Regina, Trulucks, L'Angolo, Chops City Grill, et al.
No restaurant reviewer here, but I've been to the above and a dozen more in thar area, some several times.

I simply don't recall if any have a 'room' or if they could partition/shoji screen a section of the main room to accommodate your group.

As to 'which one': it is variable imo, and thus my rec'd this or that joint is slightly misleading and simply anecdotal.

I would also call the Inn on 5th, get to their mgr and ask him/her for their recommendations as they may have a tie in/relationship with a few restaurants right there in the area.
GL, mD

Old 12-17-2014, 12:33 PM

124 posts, read 301,981 times
You should check out:

Home | Osteria Tulia | Italian Restaurant Naples | Osteria Naples Florida | Chef Vincenzo Betulia

Fantastic food, walking distance from the Inn.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:13 PM

1,003 posts, read 932,818 times
Osteria Tulia is very good, modern Italian. We also like Pazzo, Trulucks and Cafe Lurcat.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:49 PM

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. It's great to have a perspective from folks who are familiar with the area. We really appreciate it.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:09 AM

102 posts, read 246,820 times
Above are great suggestions, but I think you are probably looking for more of a private room situation than the usual elbow-to-elbow seating situation on 5th.

Within easy walking distance from the Inn on Fifth with private party dining is Bistro 821, which has an event room upstairs that holds at least 30. You also have Avenue 5, the new restaurant right onsite at the Inn on Fifth (replaced the old McCabe's Irish Pub). Avenue 5 is modern, upscale décor and the food is really good (I prefer the food at Avenue 5 to Bistro 821).

Old 02-02-2015, 09:23 PM

Default Trip Follow Up

We were able to spend 5 days in Naples a couple of weeks ago. We took one day and a few evenings to explore the restaurant options you all provided. Thank you again for providing your insights/suggestions. In the end, we booked Bistro 821. We liked the menu and the flexibility they conveyed. There are many great places to chose from but sometimes you just have to go with your gut. This place felt "right"

For this trip, we stayed at Vanderbilt Beach and enjoyed Turtle Club, Baleen @ LaPlaya and Buzz's Lighthouse. Now we're back in Michigan with 15 inches of snow yesterday. Really missing Naples right now.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. It was very helpful to have a local perspective.

Thanks,
m-dad

Old 02-03-2015, 11:38 AM

544 posts, read 599,672 times
Nice, it's good to see that the CD community came through.

Another vote for MotorDavid's info on most places welcoming you. It will be the "off-season" so most places will not be crowded. It's an absolute pleasure to live or visit here in the summer.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:51 PM

340 posts, read 959,347 times
All nice places, a bit expensive when you are downtown.......but I see it's a destination wedding for most , so go ahead and splurge.
If that falls through you would be surprised at some of the places you can book a private room if you arrange it ahead of time with the manager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: