Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:35 AM

18 posts, read 42,697 times

Advertisements

You may have an axe to grind with Minto and their Isles of Collier development, who knows, but a WSJ story last week reported that real estate sales were down in January and February this year in the US from concern about the economy. Clearly the stock market swooned over these two months! So far March has rebounded nicely. We will see about sales in a couple of weeks when they get reported. The Isles is a high quality development in a great location. There is a lot of appeal there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 01:28 PM

8 posts, read 16,045 times
Minto and The Isles is down much more than the national average. Have you seen the exterior home colors and landscaping? Cookie cutter product.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:56 PM

9 posts, read 8,922 times
My wife and I are looking to move to Naples in the next 12 to 18 months so my wife can be closer to her sister. We visited The Isles in early November and liked it. Neither of us are golfers, but the Isles appealed to my love of kayaking and nature. We liked the floor plans and the general feel of the houses. Prices seem a bit higher than I would have expected, especially since it seems developers are going the route of you buy the house, then you buy the lot on which it will sit. Then there are upgrades. Add it all together, and while it might not be as pricey as some areas, it certainly doesn't seem like a tremendous bargain.

One of the things I'm wondering about is kayak access into the preserve areas directly from the main canal on the Isles property. The sales office talked as if it was fairly easy access, that there was some agreement they had in place to allow it. But looking at the property from satellite views, I'm skeptical. It looks like the preserve land closest to the end of the canal would not be easy to get through. If it's adjacent but not really accessible, and driving to Rookery Bay is really what's required, then there are other developments that might have at least equal appeal from that standpoint. Anyone have any information that might be helpful?

I'll be interested to see how things with Minto shake out.

John
Washington DC area

Old 05-04-2016, 04:34 AM

18 posts, read 42,697 times
A huge mangrove forest covers most of the preserve area behind the cypress waterway. It is fairly dense in some areas which shields the satellite images. There is however a clear and fairly well marked passage way through it all to Dollar Bay. I understand that there is a resident club that kayaks regularly to Keewaydin Island from the Isles. Ask the developer to let you use one of their kayaks (available on first come first go basis) and check it out. I agree prices are high when you add it all up but they have sold more than 350 homes in two years. The sales office told us that it was a ten year build out and, if true, it looks like they are on plan. Have fun!

Old 05-21-2016, 09:57 AM

Because of the tremendous slow down in Minto sales. They are reducing the lot premiums 5 lots at a time, but only $5,000. Hang on its about to get interesting.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:06 AM

Thanks for the information!

Old 06-10-2016, 07:48 AM

22 posts, read 37,680 times
I was there yesterday - seemed fairly isolated but the overall environment appealed to me. Unfortunately it started down pouring so I didn't go back to the sales office to get more information but I did like a few of the floor plans. From what I did hear it sounded like the price points are lower than Marbella and possibly Stonecreek. I didn't get the monthly fee information however.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:22 AM

Did you know you are not allowed to have a car parked in your driveway at the Isles? It must be in the garage when you are not using it. No third cars from any type of visitor including your kids and grandkids.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:30 PM

According to the association documents, yes, owners are required to park in their garage. A car in violation can be towed by the association if it is in continual violation for a period of 24 hours following notice of the violation being placed on the vehicle. I know Lely Resort has a similar restriction, and I suspect others do as well. All the more reason for a 3-car garage, since there's no basement for storage.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:03 PM

124 posts, read 113,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStock View Post
Because of the tremendous slow down in Minto sales. They are reducing the lot premiums 5 lots at a time, but only $5,000. Hang on its about to get interesting.

Do you know anything about the Minto development in Bradenton, FL? Harbour Isle has coach homes and they are now selling a condo product called Marina Walk. TIA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples