Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2015, 09:04 PM

6 posts, read 7,406 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I have read a ton of threads in this forum but still need help. I am coming to Naples tomorrow for my 5th interview with an excellent company. This means i may be moving (crossing my fingers) there from the midwest. I am 39 years old and have a 7 year old son who has a dog. My son loves to play sprts (football, basketball and baseball). He is known in our current area for his athleticism. I have been combing forum's, rental websites and schools. I need help figuring out where we will we live. I want a good area for my son. I shoukd add that my parents have owned kn Naples gor 20 years, so i am familiar with the town, but they have never had to look at schools or any of this stuff. I need your help in my decision. Please keep it positive. My budget is up to 2100 a month and i would need 2-3 bedrooms. Our dog is a mixed breed (non-aggressive) large puppy. He is very well behaved and even some what comucal with his personality. I cant leave him behind as he is oart of our family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 09:12 PM

36 posts, read 72,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyccd View Post
Hello!
I have read a ton of threads in this forum but still need help. I am coming to Naples tomorrow for my 5th interview with an excellent company. This means i may be moving (crossing my fingers) there from the midwest. I am 39 years old and have a 7 year old son who has a dog. My son loves to play sprts (football, basketball and baseball). He is known in our current area for his athleticism. I have been combing forum's, rental websites and schools. I need help figuring out where we will we live. I want a good area for my son. I shoukd add that my parents have owned kn Naples gor 20 years, so i am familiar with the town, but they have never had to look at schools or any of this stuff. I need your help in my decision. Please keep it positive. My budget is up to 2100 a month and i would need 2-3 bedrooms. Our dog is a mixed breed (non-aggressive) large puppy. He is very well behaved and even some what comucal with his personality. I cant leave him behind as he is oart of our family.
A few questions that might narrow down your search:

1.) where will you be working?
2.) are you looking for single family home or condo?
3.) what are your feelings about commuting? (Commute time is high in season, especially in certain areas)

What area of the Midwest are you from? I moved here from southwest Missouri and the housing prices and utilities have been a major sticker shock for me, but you should be able to find a decent place with that budget.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:33 PM

1. I will be working in North Naples area.
2. Either
3.I was there a couple weeks ago (for my third interview) and couldn't believe the rush hour traffic, although nothing compared to my commute from the nothwest side of a city to the south east side every day

I am from Indianapolis. The rental rates seem to be very close to here. I am going to sell my home. If i get this job they will move me and pay 3 months living costs.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:03 PM

152 posts, read 451,079 times
The traffic has been extremely heavy for the past two weeks due to it being season. During season, traffic can fluctuate depending on how many people are in town. In January, the season traffic did not seem to be as bad as it was the same time last year, but this month has been heavier than last month probably due to the cold and snowy weather they have had up north. I think this month is a peak month for season. After March, it will start to thin somewhat, and by May the town clears out.

I often ride by an area on Immokalee Rd that usually has many youngsters outside playing sports. The area is Gulf Coast High School and Laurel Oaks Elementary School. It is a very active area and I would guess that the schools are top notch. I do not know how much one would have to budget for housing in that area, but you might want to check it out. It is in a very desirable area.

If you need more budget friendly housing, altlhough farther out, Golden Gate Estates has some sports minded schools. About 70% of families in Naples live in Golden Gate Estates. You can check out the areas east of Collier Blvd (Hwy 951) for the best deals. Although it is a longer commute, you get a lot for your money in Golden Gate Estates. Several elementary schools feed into Palmetto Ridge High School on Oil Well Rd. Palmetto Ridge High is also sports oriented.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:36 PM

Thank you!

Old 02-20-2015, 05:56 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBirdwatcher View Post
The traffic has been extremely heavy for the past two weeks due to it being season. During season, traffic can fluctuate depending on how many people are in town. In January, the season traffic did not seem to be as bad as it was the same time last year, but this month has been heavier than last month probably due to the cold and snowy weather they have had up north. I think this month is a peak month for season. After March, it will start to thin somewhat, and by May the town clears out.

I often ride by an area on Immokalee Rd that usually has many youngsters outside playing sports. The area is Gulf Coast High School and Laurel Oaks Elementary School. It is a very active area and I would guess that the schools are top notch. I do not know how much one would have to budget for housing in that area, but you might want to check it out. It is in a very desirable area.

If you need more budget friendly housing, altlhough farther out, Golden Gate Estates has some sports minded schools. About 70% of families in Naples live in Golden Gate Estates. You can check out the areas east of Collier Blvd (Hwy 951) for the best deals. Although it is a longer commute, you get a lot for your money in Golden Gate Estates. Several elementary schools feed into Palmetto Ridge High School on Oil Well Rd. Palmetto Ridge High is also sports oriented.
Gulf Coast and Laurel Oak are great schools. I am building in this area and did a lot of investigation into schools (I have a 6 and 8 year old). We just moved here in late December.

Traffic seem so be the worst around Mercato (Vanderbilt Beach Rd / 41) and radiates from there. I agree that during the workday it can be bad, but before 9 and after 5 it seems to lighten up. For a real experience visit Costco during your lunch hour during the week

Old 02-22-2015, 06:41 PM

Lol i was just there this past weekend. I can only imagine how it is going to be during spring break. I think we have decided to send my son to a private school. We want to build eventually but need to know tge area better first.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:46 AM

36 posts, read 72,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyccd View Post
Lol i was just there this past weekend. I can only imagine how it is going to be during spring break. I think we have decided to send my son to a private school. We want to build eventually but need to know tge area better first.
That's a wise choice. If I was able to buy right now I would only search during the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: