U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 12:25 PM

14 posts, read 24,919 times

Advertisements

I've searched the forums but haven't really found much info about preschools in Naples. Can anyone recommend some? We are looking to buy a home in North Naples, so something around this area would be nice. I have a 3 1/2 and an almost 2 year old. I would want them to go to the same school. Also from what I've seen online most schools are religious or Montessori. Are there any schools that aren't religious?

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 07:57 PM

3,737 posts, read 7,093,627 times
I had the issues also with non religious schools, being an atheist family it was difficult. I will say this stay away from ANY Grace Community school. Like ANY ( the owners are all related). I was in a situation a few years ago when my daughter (3ish at the time) and I really needed a school to work with me on hours (my husband is a 911 dispatcher and I was a pastry chef so we had long weird hours and off weird days) any who Grace Community agreed to work with us. I was clear I didn't want my daughter coloring pictures of Jesus and learning her alphabet like G is for God etc. About 4 months in (and screaming and crying every day when I left her) I picked her up early and without notice to find all the children standing in a circle the director (pastor) with a bullhorn, yes a bullhorn in a one room center having the kids with their hands over their heart " I pledge allegiance to my god and all this gospels too..." My daughter is in the corner cowering like she's witnessing a cult sacrifice. I flew off the handle, I mean I saw absolute rage red, the indoctrination and brainwashing they do at these schools turns my stomach. I had a talk and told them I no longer want her a part of that crap, put her in the infant room.. The next day I picked her up and she was holding her arm funny. I got her home and she wouldn't catch a ball, wouldn't color etc. I called her pedi immediately and they said get her in.. Long story short her arm was dislocated from being yanked.. I picked her up at 5pm, not a single call to tell me my 3 year old child is holding her arm across her chest all day and never used it once.. I quit my job the next day and stayed home with her for the next two years.

She's now in Childrens Montessori 3 hours a day for VPK and we like it. Very nice, she has fun and is learning a lot. Mostly all of our daycare centers are religious, believe me I called practically every one that exists in this town. I even asked them if they will exclude my daughter from religious coloring pamphlets etc etc and I was met with horrified gasps that my daughter didn't know who God was.. So that was my answer. So I can't tell you who you should go to, only who to stay away from

Old 04-15-2015, 08:06 PM

14 posts, read 24,919 times
Thanks for sharing your experience Sweetbottoms. I'm ok with Montessori schools. I think I prefer them over religious schools. I'm not atheist, but don't want my children to be talked about god all the time either.

I called Primerose which seems to be a nice preschool, but they don't have availability for my younger daughter at this time and it is pricier than I was hoping.

I'll be calling Childrens Montessori tomorrow and see their availability.

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: